Free spinning bolt.

pseudo

Donating Member
Registered
After getting my Pilot Powers installed last week, I noticed the bolt that connects the rear brake to the brace spints freely in the hole.

The nut appears to be secured tightly and the threadlock looks to be in place. Is this normal?

as long as there isn't an excess of movement....and the locking nut is tightly on the threads...it is fine.

as long as there isn't an excess of movement....and the locking nut is tightly on the threads...it is fine.
What do you mean by excess of movement? By freely, I mean there is no friction at all in the hole, the only thing keeping the bolt in the hole is the fact the bolt has locktite on it and I can't pull it out. f there was not lock tite, I would be hella worried.

Someone probably stripped it putting it together and the nut won't go on all the way. Mine is tight.

are you talking the flex brace. It should be tight. It keep the brake caliper from moving when you hit the rear brake.

What do you mean by excess of movement? By freely, I mean there is no friction at all in the hole, the only thing keeping the bolt in the hole is the fact the bolt has locktite on it and I can't pull it out. f there was not lock tite, I would be hella worried.
Someone stripped it and left it like that. I think you should have that looked at

my $0.02

g

Back