Free Power at Daytona

E Zurcher

Registered
After 4 years and nearly 40k miles at 5000 feet or above, I had the first opportunity to ride my bike at sea level and all I can say is HOLY CRAP! 25 HP makes quite a difference down low and on-the-pipe. My bike would power wheelie in first and second at altitude if I leaned back but no the front comes up easily under power. I'm liking it!!! I'm afraid she'll feel anemic when I get back to ABQ. I think there may be a turbo in my future.

Tomorrow we'll spend the whole day and at 6 PM we get to take a couple of parade laps around Daytona Speedway which alone is worth the trip. We went down yesterday to get the lay of the land and saw some really sweet choppers. They have a brand new Indian dealer also and are giving away an Indian Scout which is a pretty cool bike.

Nice, but there is one problem here,,

useless_without_pics_2.gif.jpg

Will post picks to this thread after I get back GIXERHP. Yesterday we rode in the monster bash.

Two laps around the outer apron and inner racetrack at Daytona Speedway. You have no idea how steep the banking on the turns is until you are at the bottom looking up. It was supposed to be a parade lap but it was not well regulated so I hit speeds up to 50 mph, some went even faster. I so wanted to jump up on the track and wring her out but didn't feel like making the local news.

Coming out of turn 4 at a rip roaring 186 MPH. Well how about 55 which is as fast as I could get up to with all the Harleys in the way.

6BNZ9DED73FQ.jpg

Back