Free engine rebuild (labor)?

V8 Busa

Registered
If you don't know me, I'm working on a project and I need very precise measurements of the guts of a gen 1 motor. I had been planning on buying a motor to take my measurements but it seems like a waste to spend $1500 and either part it out or rebuild it. Either way I'll probably take a loss when I go to resell everything because of shipping and ebay fees.

So I figured I'd float the idea out there that I'll happily rebuild somebody's motor for them if they're interested. This way I don't waste time and money buying and reselling parts and somebody here gets free labor for a bottom end rebuild.

I can give you a refundable deposit until the job is done and I'll give you any CAD models that I make during the process.

If you don't know me, I'm working on a project and I need very precise measurements of the guts of a gen 1 motor. I had been planning on buying a motor to take my measurements but it seems like a waste to spend $1500 and either part it out or rebuild it. Either way I'll probably take a loss when I go to resell everything because of shipping and ebay fees.

So I figured I'd float the idea out there that I'll happily rebuild somebody's motor for them if they're interested. This way I don't waste time and money buying and reselling parts and somebody here gets free labor for a bottom end rebuild.

I can give you a refundable deposit until the job is done and I'll give you any CAD models that I make during the process.
Hi. Maybe call Marine Cranks ask them 714-549-2388 they are in Cally. You should give me a call at 508-496-5680. I need to work with an engineer. and a fabricator.

MLTMDNS

Registered
Seems to me that if you’re serious about this project you need to buy a motor. You’ll need two heads at least. I think the Suzuki manual will give you the measurements you need. You have to realize that these motors are sought after for many applications so you’re not gonna find a free one.

mabupa

Registered
Seems to me that if you’re serious about this project you need to buy a motor. You’ll need two heads at least. I think the Suzuki manual will give you the measurements you need. You have to realize that these motors are sought after for many applications so you’re not gonna find a free one.
Read again, he is offering to rebuild a motor for free for a member. His “pay” will be being able to take the measurements he needs, while he has the engine apart for the rebuild. Pretty nice deal IMHO if someone blew their busa motor and wants to rebuild it for the cost of needed new parts only.

V8 Busa

Registered
I am serious about both. The beautiful thing about doing math and CAD work is that it's virtually free, pun intended. I'm going to build it as long as all the math lines up and it's within my budget. The cash for which is sitting in an account right now.

I only need the top end off of a motor for the build but I need to take measurements from the the crank and oil galleries so that I don't have to redesign the oil system. Unless I have to, I don't want to spend $1700 on an ebay motor when I will only keep $600 dollars worth of parts from it.

MLTMDNS

Registered
Maybe you could make friends with someone who has a motor apart. The whole free rebuild thing is a little iffy because no one knows your experience in rebuilding motors.

Latest Bikes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uizdatruuu