Freak Accident at Stuntwars

mikeyusf

Registered
This was a wreck at Stuntfest in lakeland this weekend. Everyone who was there saw a miracle. Here is what happened. Kyle from TripleXtreme.net was one of the announcers of the show. The stunt group TripleX had a bike parked on it's tail during their segment. The segment was over, Kyle walked over to the bike, started it up, and began reving the engine to warm it up.

He started reving the engine really hard, he had the clutch pulled in. The clutch cable BROKE with the engine at near redline, the bike deadhooked, violently flipped and slammed him into the ground. The bike landed on top of him, crushing his ribs, and nearly crushed his head. The accident happened so fast it was over in less than half a second. I cannot put into words how scared I was for my friend, and this accident really made me feel my mortality as a human.

He spent a few nights in the hospital, but I think he should be ok. Kyle is one of the nicest guys I've ever met, and is truly a GOD at stunt riding. He's going to be in Fast and Furious sequel with Brock, his teammate. If you've never checked out their website, check out http://www.triplextreme.net/ (the site is down from all the traffic).

This picture is haunting, check it out for yourself. Keep in mind what your looking at here is a bike backflipping at near redline. No, he didnt have a helmet on, he was just riding this bike back to the pits...

Mike

kyle.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a picture of Kyle, my wife Jennifer and myself about 5 minutes before this happened. I've only met him once before at Stuntfest in Tampa, and he was totally cool. We had our TripleXtreme T-shirts on showing our support, and he jumped at the opportunity to take a picture with us, even though he had promoters, track officials, and numerous other people pulling at him to get back to work. Kyle, I'm glad you're still with us dood!

Mike

mjkyle.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
The picture of the bike accident needs to go to Motor Cyclist for their inside rear cover pic of the month. Who can name the funniest caption for this pic?

I trust the guy is okay now and wouldn't mind us coming up with something funny to say about it.
wink.gif

Mikeyusf, glad your friend came through that o.k. That was definitely scarier after seeing how violent that bike landed on him in the video.

Man that's hard on the bikes. I am glad to see that they are both ok.

Glad that he's still w/ us; in my line of work some don't make it home the same. I hope he has a speedy recovery.

OH MY GOD!!!

That shows us how even the experts make mistakes too...I'm very glad that both of them are alive and hope Kyle recovers very soon! Will have him in my prayers...

If they come back to Lakeland...let me know to go see them!

Vanessa

This was a wreck at Stuntfest in lakeland this weekend. Everyone who was there saw a miracle. Here is what happened. Kyle from TripleXtreme.net was one of the announcers of the show. The stunt group TripleX had a bike parked on it's tail during their segment. The segment was over, Kyle walked over to the bike, started it up, and began reving the engine to warm it up.

He started reving the engine really hard, he had the clutch pulled in. The clutch cable BROKE with the engine at near redline, the bike deadhooked, violently flipped and slammed him into the ground. The bike landed on top of him, crushing his ribs, and nearly crushed his head. The accident happened so fast it was over in less than half a second. I cannot put into words how scared I was for my friend, and this accident really made me feel my mortality as a human.

He spent a few nights in the hospital, but I think he should be ok. Kyle is one of the nicest guys I've ever met, and is truly a GOD at stunt riding. He's going to be in Fast and Furious sequel with Brock, his teammate. If you've never checked out their website, check out http://www.triplextreme.net/ (the site is down from all the traffic).

This picture is haunting, check it out for yourself. Keep in mind what your looking at here is a bike backflipping at near redline. No, he didnt have a helmet on, he was just riding this bike back to the pits...

Mike
Here is what happened. Kyle from TripleXtreme.net was one of the announcers of the show. The stunt group TripleX had a bike parked on it's tail during their segment. The segment was over, Kyle walked over to the bike, started it up, and began reving the engine to warm it up.

He started reving the engine really hard, he had the clutch pulled in. The clutch cable BROKE with the engine at near redline,[/QUOTE]

Something tells me this is the "politically correct" version. I think Kyle was showing off and it bit his a**. Why would you need to redline a bike to warm it up? I'm glad he didn't get killed, but he was showing off without proper gear and paid the price.

I guess that's why they call it "stuntwars", so people can "show off". I dont think people would pay to watch a bunch of squids ride around in circles

Back