Frankenstein Bolt Removal?

gfunko

Registered
I've seen what people have been doing to replace the frankenstein bolts and have seen the thread on removing the tail section but have not found anything on how to successfully remove the frankenstein bolts (outside of drilling it or tapping it). I'm sure someone here will be able to let me know how in the world I can remove them? Thanks!

Just use a flat head screw driver to remove the black plastic cap that covers the bolt and the use a hex key to loosen the bolt......

:lol: it's all good...not an idiot until you wouldve tap/drill it out, then I would've agreed with you :laugh: it's a learning experience, that's the power of the .org!

Agreed. To think I was sitting there scratching my head thinking why would they do this to us?!?!?!?!?!?! I've work on more complicated stuff than this...its can't be THAT hard, lol.

:welcome: to the org.. theres a wealth of knowledge here and the members are like family.. someones always there to help out.

Hey, don't feel bad. I just grabbed them with a pr of Vise Gripps and spun them out to install the tabs and brackets for my luggage. :whistle:

I read your 1st post and was like what??? Did he break one off, lol. We have dum moments like that. Welcome to the org.

Just checked with mechanic, and she can fit you in at 3 if you bring it by and she'll give you a rundown on the correct procedure.

stock-photo-3194911-little-girl-with-hammer.jpg

Funk, I had to read that twice. Does he mean what I think he means?

Toss those and go with a cleaner look.

6650104093_1d909e88e0_b.jpg

6650104015_931f2c484f_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Funk, I had to read that twice. Does he mean what I think he means?

Toss those and go with a cleaner look.

6650104093_1d909e88e0_b.jpg

6650104015_931f2c484f_b.jpg

You know, I actually don't mind them as much? Given I am going to try to black it all out, I think its kind of needed to clean that look up?

ZRXMAX, if I go that route, I will gladly GIVE you my set.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, I actually don't mind them as much? Given I am going to try to black it all out, I think its kind of needed to clean that look up?

ZRXMAX, if I go that route, I will gladly GIVE you my set.

That would be much appreciated ! Anybody else want to donate their Frankenstien bolts ? I would be happy to pay a modest sum for each pair so I can get a bunch of em together for my 5 year old grandson's Halloween costume next October!

Maybe take an old helmet and put a Mohawk of these bolts front to back or something !
:laugh:

Back