Frankenstein Bolt flush replacements?

Vonderbach

Your AD here!
Donating Member
Registered
At one time someone was offering them on eBay, but I haven't seen them for a while. Anyone know where I can get some replacement flush caps? Or should I just find a couple of metric button head screws?

All I did was go to Ace Hardware...match up the bolt with their stainless steel bolts. Use the plastic plug from the stock frankenbolt and screw it back in. Total cost 5 dollars.

what are these Frankenstein bolts that you speak of? Mine have been missing since 2007...and yeah this looks way better then a stupid shorter bolt replacing the long one...remember this if you ever repaint, its a must do!!! Also I got rid of the body line on the front fender by filling it in....
:beerchug:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks to all, oldschool, that was what I am looking for. I could do the Home Depot thing, but I'm not terribly resourceful in those areas, so I think I'll go the tried and true route with BBS. :beerchug:

:thumbsup: i want a set too im just lazy to go to ace imma try and hit ace up this weekend.

I bought mine from Boosted By Smith and the look and fit just like the factory. He aslo shipped them out to me fast +1 to our sponsor.

I can tell you the ebay ones are crap compared to the boost by smith ones. I've had both. The ebay one's collar fell off. lol

Last edited:
I replaced mine with bolts from Ace but they do not have the collar around the top.
Think I will get some from boosted by Smith. Thanks Oldschool.

Hey guys,

Just sold my last 2 sets yesterday, more are being made but come from my buddy in Germany. Schnitz should have these in stock if you need them now, they are also a sponsor here :)

Greg

Back