france

paulos

Registered
<span style='color:blue'></span>hi all,,,,
is it true that over france bikes have gotta be restricted to 98bhp?
ive been told that they have,and i dont know the french rules on bikes.
if any1 knows can u reply to this tyvm.[move]

<span style='color:blue'></span>hi all,,,,
is it true that over france bikes have gotta be restricted to 98bhp?
ive been told that they have,and i dont know the french rules on bikes.
if any1 knows can u reply to this tyvm.[move]
The easy way to find out is to visit Suzuki France on the web.

http://www.suzuki-moto.com/
Then follow the (French) links to GSX1300R.

This is the translated page (Blame Google for the interesting grammer).

Motorization Four cylinders in line with liquid cooling, double camshaft pulled by quiet chain, 16 valves, digital lighting, food by Air Force and electronic injection, surface treatment on the cylinders, catalyst two ways anti-pollution, the best of modern technology is found in this engine d?exception. With final, a power of 78 kw (106 CH.) in French version and especially an incredible couple of 11,8 mkg of the 4000 tr/min.

106 horse power! eeek!

Glad they don't stop me riding my UK one there.

Steve

I was ther last June ( In Monte Carlo Watching F1) and a guy told me that insurance companies wouldn't cover you if you had more than 100hp.
That sucks the big one. I couldn't imagine my baby choked down that low.
blush.gif

I was ther last June ( In Monte Carlo Watching F1) and a guy told me that insurance companies wouldn't cover you if you had more than 100hp.
That sucks the big one. I couldn't imagine my baby choked down that low.  
blush.gif
yeah no kidding, it kinda defeats the purpose of having a bike there with anything over 600cc ??

If you consider power to weight ratio, a R6 could probably waste a Busa out there, sad. But true. I wonder how many dealers out of the region offer unresricted Busa's at a incredible price.

Good evening. actually very early morning here!

Having ridden quite a bit in France I can speak to this one a little.

First, the "law" is that bikes are limited to 100BHP. But, in practice, they do the same things we do, tinker with the bikes and make them into what they want them to be. Having played on the peage, France's autobahn, many of their bikes are well beyond 100 BHP.

Great place to live, ride, visit, shag (fill in the blank) and the people are great as long as you don't show your ass.

W

good coz my baby means alot to me and alot of u peeps can remember when i first got her,i aint gonna get rid of her just coz of the law,i like me hp and i luv me speed 24 yrs old and im havin me fun on her,i've had her just ova a yr now and im just getting to grips with her,im not 1 for rushing things on a bike i like to let it come natral,and slowly but surely it is.im getting thro the bridgstone battleaxes and to be honest i rate them alot,ive got dunlops on at the mo and they are so easy to burn out,last yr i had 3 punchers and this yr ive had 1,so im kinda hoping on a better yr.(hope u r all rideing safe,AND U NINJA EATER) ;) HE'S A MAN WHO HAS GOT A BEAST!!..HEHEHE.
u all take care and ill catch ya soon ;) (from paulos)

baby_in_mud.JPG

Good evening. actually very early morning here!

Having ridden quite a bit in France I can speak to this one a little.

First, the "law" is that bikes are limited to 100BHP.  But, in practice, they do the same things we do, tinker with the bikes and make them into what they want them to be.  Having played on the peage, France's autobahn, many of their bikes are well beyond 100 BHP.  

Great place to live, ride, visit, shag (fill in the blank) and the people are great as long as you don't show your ass.

W
Tinkering is one thing, but when it's 170bhp stock then how do you register that??
idea.gif

Back