Frame swap... Which frames fit?

denraweb

Registered
So I'm looking at getting a new frame because mine is cracked. I want to go with a black frame, but I want to know which frames would work before I spend ~$1000 on one. Will any 99-07 frame work, or are there sub-gens? Mine is a k6. Thanks for any info.

All 2007 and newer frames are black...earlier Busa's were a natural silver color...unless it is a Limited Edition, or the 2003 Anniversary Edition.

You could always just paint or powder coat a silver one.
Posted via Mobile Device

All 2007 and newer frames are black...earlier Busa's were a natural silver color...unless it is a Limited Edition, or the 2003 Anniversary Edition.

You could always just paint or powder coat a silver one.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yea I was thinking about PC'ing a silver one since the black ones are so scarce. I found one that I thought was a good deal (900) but has a cracked neck so gotta pass on that.

The Gen2's...2008 and newer use a different swingarm than the earlier models...it will bolt up to any of the frames...but the rear brake mounts differently than the 1999-2007's
Posted via Mobile Device

The Gen2's...2008 and newer use a different swingarm than the earlier models...it will bolt up to any of the frames...but the rear brake mounts differently than the 1999-2007's
Posted via Mobile Device

Ya I'm gonna be staying away from them since the 08+ are usually $2000+ lol. Trying to stay around the $1k mark...

Yeah, I've seen frames go for $2500-$3000 with a clean title...you're gonna need a '99-'06 and PC it black.
Posted via Mobile Device

All above is correct, but if you have a gen1 and buy a gen2 frame you'll need to drill a few small holes for fairing mounts.:thumbsup:

Back