frame sliders

laser schmazer....LOL!...sorry...but if that laser stuff sounds too techi and complicated for him?...

1. Put just the slider mounting bolts in the holes then?...

2. Slap a huge clump of playdough in the general location inside your side fairings and then?...

3. Mount the sidefairings and press the playdough/clay straight into the bolt heads and then?....

4. Take the fairings back off by pulling them straight out..and finally?...

5. Center your 2" holesaw/drill in the clay impression of the actual bolthead location.

Childs play.
biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

(JINKSTER @ Sep. 10 2006,21:10) laser schmazer....LOL!...sorry...but if that laser stuff sounds too techi and complicated for him?...

1. Put just the slider mounting bolts in the holes then?...

2. Slap a huge clump of playdough in the general location inside your side fairings and then?...

3. Mount the sidefairings and press the playdough/clay straight into the bolt heads and then?....

4.  Take the fairings back off by pulling them straight out..and finally?...

5. Center your 2" holesaw/drill in the clay impression of the actual bolthead location.

Childs play.
biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
Either way will work. In fact I used the clay method. The clay is cool but theres a tight tolerance for error when placing you side panels back on the frame.  The engine mount bolt has to be backed out some for it to make contact with the clay. So if the bolt is too far backed out the panel will not rest properly on the frame and if its not back out far enough it will not make contact with the clay and if you have it out just enough you have to be very careful that you do not disturb the clay when putting it back on or you will not get an exact inprint. Which is very easily to do !  I personally experinced what I just explained but through trial and error I finally got it back on perfectly without disturbing the clay.  But if I every do it again, I will diffinetly use the laser method.

(tinbender0 @ Sep. 10 2006,22:35) Did you guys install them yourselves or did you pay to have it done...Do they bolt to an existing place on the frame or do you have to drill and tap em'?
Man i had this all done and the power went out GEEZE!!! I found this to be the easiest way to do this! Using a drill and bit 1/4" Get close to the top fwd mount Allen head bolt. L & R side drill a hole,find the center and use the bit like a router to trim the fairing to the size hole you want. Can be made to trim it just like a hole saw can, but better cause it will make the, just rite size, you won't have to remove the fairing or mess with clay etc. The right one is a bit more complicated! I guess all these type bikes have a pinch sleeve type mount that can mate the frame to the eng. I don't know for sure if the pinch bolts have to be loose while torquing the bolt but is what i did. Keep in mind when you buy the slider, if it can be mounted after the fairing is in place its easier to snug the pinch bolts.  Here is a torque spec sheet for some of the Busa stuff like mounts etc.

[/url]
super.gif

super.gif

beerchug.gif

AOL.com Images Not Available

super.gif

Whats with the little animated thingies at the top of this post? Anyone else see them? No I havent been drinking!
all_coholic.gif

(nitrousjunkie @ Sep. 11 2006,08:32) Whats with the little animated thingies at the top of this post? Anyone else see them? No I havent been drinking!  
all_coholic.gif
Look at my post above yours NJ LOL

Do sliders "work"?

Depends....

on what you buy, how they're installed and what you expect them to accomplish.

They are designed to save your motor...ONLY your motor.

They are called frame sliders because that is where they are mounted.

Hey pass some of that this way!!! I was wondering the same thing!!! Gone now!!! No back again!!!
beerchug.gif

wink.gif

i havent been down on my busa, but frame sliders saved my tl1000s. i low sided @~40 mph. therefore i have the extended frame sliders on my busa now. not sure if i have pics. will look for some thou...

dont get the no cut sliders. i have seen guys go down w/ them. they are not real structural & fold. if it drops in driveway from wind or someone tipping they may work.

Image shack does some stuff! But the spades were there when i opened this first thing. Strange they aren't on anyother threads or posts!!! Does anyone else notice when selected all the emoticons say smile??
rock.gif

(8Daytona8 @ Sep. 11 2006,09:15) Image shack does some stuff! But the spades were there when i opened this first thing. Strange they aren't on anyother threads or posts!!! Does anyone else notice when selected all the emoticons say smile??
rock.gif
I see Clubs not spades.

I see spades... maybe the graphic changes?

Rythm has a marquee in his post that is causing the clubs.... Thanks Rythm it brings a little change to the page...
beerchug.gif

Back