Frame sliders

slow learner

Registered
Hey guys, I just got my busa painted after a little incident and I really really want to get frame sliders this time. I'm sure that you've noticed that the fairing does not have an opening for the frame sliders to go through. Now, i've seen some busa's with sliders though. How did you guys do it? Did you guys just drill holes? Does that not crack the paint and what not?

There are two types of slider..
Drill and non drill...

Do a search ..it's on the top of the page beside the hayabusa flag

You will get tons of info..Most guys go for the drill type.
smile.gif

You're probably going to have to drill some holes (I did.) I've seen no-drill sliders, but they don't appear to be as strong as the drill type.

Neither will help much in high-speed incidents, mainly for the low/zero-speed fallovers.

go with the no cut frame sliders. shoot me a email if you need a set. i haven't had a customer yet trade them for the drilled sliders.

slow learner,
Also replied to your other post about sliders but here they are again:
"sharpened ALLEN":

"Laser" method:

hey guys, i just installed some sliders today!!! it looks great and it's nice to have a peace of mind. Thank you all for all of your awesome advice!

i just went with the drilling technique. it turned out okay. not as clean as some of the ones that i've seen before but not too shabby either....

Does anyone use the intuitive frame sliders? I'm new to the busa, but that what everyone on the R6 board swore by...I had them on my bike and they seemed very high quality...but I never dropped it. Just wondering, cause parts411 sells them for $45...to me they don't look any different than the lightening ones that everyone on here seems to recommend.

Hey guys, I just got my busa painted after a little incident and I really really want to get frame sliders this time. I'm sure that you've noticed that the fairing does not have an opening for the frame sliders to go through. Now, i've seen some busa's with sliders though. How did you guys do it? Did you guys just drill holes? Does that not crack the paint and what not?

I'm no fan of the no cut style
sad.gif

Mounting the regular ones is not hard, you just need to take your time and have a steady hand.

I drilled about a 3/8" dia hole and opened it up the rest of the way, BYE EYE, with a Dremel Tool. The 1/2" coarse sanding drums work best. The fairing is on an angle so there is no way to just drill a hole on size, on location accuately. Mount the frame slider base to the frame and grind and "eyeball" until there there is just a tiny bit of clearance all around it.  Mine fit so close at first, I had to open up the hole to get the faring on and off!!  If you think you might slip, put a few layers of masking tape around the the hole. If you do it right, no need for any edging or border material around the hole.

<!--EDIT|FL Knifemaker
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142013291 -->

busafeb06e.jpg

Back