Frame sliders

mooter

Registered
lookaround.gif
Hi all  This is a great site! lots of useful information!
I am a new owner of a 01 busa, Running her in right now!
I have a question, I want to install frame sliders, I bought them from a suzuki dealer, but they had no clue where they went on the frame? I do not particularly want to cut into the plastic work, but it doesn't look like I have any option? anyone fitted them to their bike? if so where? any help would be great. Keep up the great site.

mooter

mooter...Just got them on my 01 busa. I didn't do it myself because they had to cut into the plastic. Sorry to be the one with the bad news. My email is raptor00@cox.net if you want to see a pic of where they went email me and i'll shoot it out to you.

Marc "Howlin Mad"

Did you get the intuitive sliders? If you did you will have to remove the lower plastic. Then you will see the triangle shaped extensions to your frame that enables the motor to bolt the frame. This is where the sliders will go. Its damn tough to measure the exact place to dremel the hole. The front brake side lower will have a different location to drill then the clutch lever side. If you need help call me..

(909) 881-1223

Bad Dog your the Man... I should have called you before shelling out that 110 to have them installed.

Marc "Howlin Mad"

biggrin.gif
Thanks guy's for the bad news, I took off the lower plastic just to see where they would fit, I figured I would need to cut plastic! Gulp!! here I go!!

Mooter
nervous.gif

Anybody still looking for frame sliders let me know I and my bro are machining aluminum ones that look great and can custom fit to your bike or get them anodized any color.
signed;oldschool but new on the board

Herez a old post showing how to do the install yourself

Welcome to the board mooter.
Congrats on the bike.
I'm thinkin of sliders too.........but just can't bring myself to start cuttin.

Anyone looking to get some non destructive sliders send me a line as the more I and my bro produce at one time the less cost there is involved. We have designed a pair for the busa using the existing inset fairing bolt. The only recommended mod is to get extra strength I recommend drilling and tapping the frame to a larger size (an easy fix seeing there already exists a bolt hole there) or it can be used with the stock size. We can also anodize them any colour upon request. We are pricing out material today if we buy in bulk. But will be safely under $100 bucks. We hope to have a photo posted tonight.

i recently had LSL sliders with matching bar ends put on.. the install cost me $45 and yep they had to cut the plastic.. if u want a pic of the LSL's u can email me.. if done right u dont really see any holes after the install.. gsxr11001996@aol.com

recently had LSL sliders with matching bar ends put on.. the install cost me $45 and yep they had to cut the plastic.. if u want a pic of the LSL's u can email me.. if done right u dont really see any holes after the install.. gsxr11001996@aol.com [/QUOTE]

Just post the photo of them so we all can see!
super.gif

Back