Frame Sliders???

beast619

Registered
I've been seeing a few "Extended" frame sliders for the 'busa around. They're about 1" longer than normal sliders. You guys see any problems with these other than the fact that they might look a bit funny being out so far? I just wanna keep it as safe as possible.

I know a few folks here have gone with the longer sliders, but I'm sticking with the normal length ones. Guess I'm not sure the added length will provided additional protection.

Extended frame slidahz
rock.gif
I need to get out more I guess.
Post some photoz for us ?

I have some custom ones that stick out a little longer than normal. A knowledgeable race guy warned me about having them too long. Frame sliders are supposed to slide when you go down (hence the name). He says that if the sliders are too long, they will tend to catch instead of slide, and if they catch, they send the bike cartwheeling down the street.
cool.gif

It sounds logical to me, so be careful out there.

G

also when you increase the length of something without increasing the width it makes it easier to brake. an example would be a pencil. Easy to break at first but after a while the pieces get harder and harder to break if this makes any sense
smile.gif

I've seen the Lightning slider kits around. They're made for the Busa, and they have Derlin slider tips. They also have trim to finish the fairing with a good look. I haven't purchased them yet, but I will post some pics if I go with these. Any others I should consider for my Busa?
cool.gif

I've got the Lockhart Phillips Carbon Inlay Frame Sliders for mine. Look pretty good.

Here's mine!  They're made by Sho Gun, which where purchased from: www.ridegear.com

<!--EDIT|Smoke_Dog
Reason for Edit: None given...|1106085601 -->

IM000776.JPG

Man those bullet sliders look sick as hell.

Steel and and the tips you screw on sperately! So you can have them chromed if you like. I'm glad that I purchased them.

IM000777.JPG

Back