Frame sliders...Love 'em or Hate 'em

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
People install frame sliders to prevent damage to the plastics.

But for me,installing them ruins the plastics.

On the Gen II I just bought/sold...I hated them so much I had to replace a lower fairing...not because it was damaged...but because it had a hole drilled in it for a slider.:banghead:

Who in their right mind replaces a fairing before it gets damaged.:cookoo:

I do.:laugh:

I have a line on another great deal. 2009 with low miles and some sweet goodies. One of the things holding me back...yup...frame sliders.:cursin:

Slide this:smileyexhibit: you fairing drillin' bastids...

RSD.

Scotty_R8

Registered
have you looked into the T-Rex no cut sliders? I have them on my Gen 1 and love it. I'm pretty sure another member on here has them on his gen 2

Boosa Barry

Registered
Yep! go with the T-Rex frame sliders. They go right on and no drilling or modifying, I have them on my bike and love 'em.
I also got a set of T-Rex front & rear lift stands. However I may have to take the front axle sliders off to use the front bike lift.

jch364

Registered
You know frame sliders was one of the very first things I had done. Had the dealership put them on. They did a good job cutting the plastics but if I had it to do all over again I wouldnt wasted the money on it. I mean if the bike goes down you are going to scratch the plastics anyway and frame sliders wont help. If its a bad get off then frame sliders probably wont matter anyways. I should have opted to get something like woodcraft stator covers and such to protect it if I crash cause that and the clutch cover is what is most vulnerable anyways. I think it would have been money better spent but oh well whats done is done and i dont have $800 to replace the plastics anyways.

frisbee

GODSPEED RACING
Donating Member
Registered
I pay for insurance instead of putting fugly sliders on . If you go down you are gonna have to get them involved no matter what.

busa-saga

Registered
i love my extended sliders. when am on long highways, i rest my legs on em. You know, like the harleys guys lol

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
i love my extended sliders. when am on long highways, i rest my legs on em. You know, like the harleys guys lol

..........:rofl:

hd nutz.jpg

pashnit

Site Sponsor
Registered
I'm with ya Rub, never had them on my '00 all those years of riding as thought it messed up the clean look of the bike.

But I did replace the lower panels several times through the years from tip overs. Would snag them off ebay whenever a gen-I blue/silver came up in decent shape. Just the price ya pay for those smokin' good looks. :thumbsup:

8162615354_03568bdba8_o.jpg

8429372098_79ab35dafc_o.jpg

frisbee

GODSPEED RACING
Donating Member
Registered
I'm with ya Rub, never had them on my '00 all those years of riding as thought it messed up the clean look of the bike.

But I did replace the lower panels several times through the years from tip overs. Would snag them off ebay whenever a gen-I blue/silver came up in decent shape. Just the price ya pay for those smokin' good looks. :thumbsup:

8162615354_03568bdba8_o.jpg

8429372098_79ab35dafc_o.jpg

See even a guy that sells them doesn't want them.

Schism

Donating Member
Registered
i've heard horror stories about frames getting wrenched up in a wreck because of sliders. whether true or not? i don't know but i bowed out because of that and cutting my plastics. like mentioned above, my insurance will cover the damage when that time comes.

mynewride

Registered
I have the cut type that I installed. I took my time and they look factory, however I do believe that i would pass on them next time.

IMG_20100822_132718.jpg

IMG_20100822_133210.jpg

mynewride

Registered
oh yea, they have served no purpose (not a bad thing). i bought them because my bike tipped over, and the bike has not been down since.

majestic12

Hunting Kawasakis
Donating Member
Registered
Frame sliders don't save plastics, except for a garage or parking lot tip over. I have mine so the frame doesn't get too banged up if I go down.

Truth be told the bike will most likely be totaled out by the insurance.

1300roadrocket

Registered
You know frame sliders was one of the very first things I had done. Had the dealership put them on. They did a good job cutting the plastics but if I had it to do all over again I wouldnt wasted the money on it. I mean if the bike goes down you are going to scratch the plastics anyway and frame sliders wont help. If its a bad get off then frame sliders probably wont matter anyways. I should have opted to get something like woodcraft stator covers and such to protect it if I crash cause that and the clutch cover is what is most vulnerable anyways. I think it would have been money better spent but oh well whats done is done and i dont have $800 to replace the plastics anyways.

You hit the nail on the head with that one as i think that sliders end up doing more damage especially if the top slider snaps off the engine bolt after a spill.If anything spend the money on upgrading your insurance policy and cover your arse for all eventualities.

Ezduzit

Registered
I had a set put on my 08, 2 years ago I had a get off and she hit the road going 85, I had scratches on the right side with a chewed up exhaust, they didn't total her out, am I saying there a guarantee, nope but they did save my right side from a lot more damage then if I didn't have them.

E Zurcher

Registered
Don't like the look and why mess up the aerodynamics with some knobs poking out of your plastics. I'm sure my fat A$$ does more to screw up aeros than any frame slider would but it's the principle that gets to me.

Latest Bikes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2000Hayabusa10948