Frame sliders? any good ones?

dtshortt

Registered
I've did a little searching on here, but thought I would ask anyways. Who makes some decent frame sliders for a busa that actually work? By that I also mean will mount in a good place capable of actually helping during a fall over. Seems like some are positioned so that you woudn't benefit so much from their presence(too low). The more mods I put on my bike the more I worry about something like a fall over happening inadvertenly!

Those don't look bad and the price doesn't either. My busa is only bike i've owned that I didn't put sliders on in the first month of ownership. Makes me nervous!

I have a set frome protekk racing Link they are white with matching spools if you are interested.

Now I've upgraded to <a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/5-SUZUKI-GSX1300R-Frame-Sliders-Savers-Hayabusa-Busa_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ10066QQihZ
018QQitemZ280035123022QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW" target="_blank">Link</a> a 5" slider with a removable end.

DSC02642.jpg

Nice metal pancake under the kickstand ! Much better than the beer can I use .
biggrin.gif

Nithing wrong with a beer can!!!

Its actually derlin, that stand sinks quick in the driveway on a hot day.

I keep a piece of powdercoated steel under my seat.

(heavybusa @ Oct. 07 2006,15:16) Nithing wrong with a beer can!!!

Its actually derlin, that stand sinks quick in the driveway on a hot day.

I keep a piece of powdercoated steel under my seat.
cool.gif
Bike looks damn good too , like the red accents !

(tdcfrank @ Oct. 08 2006,10:54) Another option is Race Railz.

Race Railz

They look pretty good and protect your plastic alot better than frame sliders.
not a bad idea, but I'm not 100% sold on the fact that they protect more than my sliders.

The Railz do look like they might do a better job than a single point tool like the slider.

The question is, do they actually work? For that matter, do sliders actually work as well as they are advertised? Mind you, I'm NOT questioning the need, or the fact that sliders are better than nothing at all - I just dislike making a decision based on speculation.

I can tell you first hand that the slider protects the plastic and other parts in a low speed crash.

With that being said they do not protect (in some cases cause worsen damage) the rear sub frame and other parts. This is because with any type of slider you risk the potential for a flip.

either way in the event of a crash damage will happen and there is no one way to prepare the bike for that.

Thanks, HB! You understood the gist of my question. The Railz do seem less likely to "dig in" and cause a flip...your thoughts?

Back