Frame Slider Color?

Punisher

Donating Member
Registered
I finally got up the nerve to cut the plastics for the frame sliders but not too sure about the color. I bought black ones to put on (and have), but I'm not sure they look good with the 06 LE color scheme. I was considering switching to the Carbon Fiber or the dull polished ones. What do you guys think? Also for anybody needing the info I used a 2" hole saw and ordered the black rubber grommets from:
http://www.rubbergrommets.com/products/search.php?product=grommets

and used the pull downs to get this:
ID- 1.75
GW- 0.125
GD- 2.00
OD- 2.375
THK- 0.375

Part Number: G3385

I asked them for 2 sample pieces and they gladly gave them to me. I have a quote and catalog coming sometime. Hope this helps you guys out some, and maybe you can help me on the color for spacer.

0222071812a.jpg

The black does not look too bad. Maybe some aluminum or dull like you said.

I vote stay w/ the black unless you plan to change the frame.

Thanks for the rubber grommet info! How much did they cost you?

I used the carbon fiber sliders, they look great on a black bike, besides I am a carbon fiberholic! As for the rubber gromets thats a great place, I made my own from car door molding. you can get a lot of different types but the work involved is awesome. Remember the hole is not round but oval as you cut into the bike you travel parallel to the bolt not the surface of the faring.

Forming_the_Ring_sm.JPG

looks good. I like it. Compliments the frame. good job. We may need to get together, so you can do mine.
beerchug.gif

just went to the grommet web site. We're the samples free? I'm guessing they were. I filled out the quote sheet. I bet they catch on before long LOL

how about another angle? Like a straight at the side shot.
Black look good. I polished the Votex silver sliders, but not installed yet.
Grommet's cool.

Thanks for the input guys. Here is another shot that may help. I was so nervous when I did it. I did notice that the hole was odd shaped, but the grommet still worked great (no gaps or bad fit). When I filled out the form for quote I asked for 2 sample pieces. The job that I have I request samples for when we are changing designs for our machine. They are supposed to send me pricing and a catalog sometime. I'm sure if you put on there you would like a sample they would send one to you. It's worth a try.

0222071812.jpg

I still like em. Leave em black. did you paint the mirrors? Look'n good punisher

make ya a deal. I'll put in screens if you drill my slider holes
beerchug.gif
I have the screen material in the garage.

I've got the screen material in the garage too...haha. Dumb*** me forgot to put them on when I had everthing apart and didn't remember until I was putting the last couple of bolts on....Aagh! Oh well I'll have to put them on when I do my next mod. I did paint the mirrors, the color isn't exact but I've got the right stuff now and I'll redo them.

Back