FP Tactical bifolding lever question

virkdoc

Registered
Have FP tacticals installed on my Gen II busa....the clutch lever developed some play in it and finally it started folding....bikes never fallen or the levers never been hit....is it ok to ride with a clutch lever which kinda folds up.

That is entirely up to you. I guess you should be thankful its not the brake. I wouldn't run those things if they were free.

Speaking of free...those things supposedly have a lifetime warranty. Time now for the company to put up or shut up.

Some things should just never be messed with IMHO...things like my control of a powerfull beast like a Hayabusa.

You like 'em...thats great...put the stockers back on till you get yer replacement.

RSD.

Have FP tacticals installed on my Gen II busa....the clutch lever developed some play in it and finally it started folding....bikes never fallen or the levers never been hit....is it ok to ride with a clutch lever which kinda folds up.

Curious as how they handle your issue. Keep us posted!

FPRD_customer_warranty_card.jpg

Last edited:
I haven't had any problems with mine folding. However, I did have a problem with mine intermittently failing to engage the starter solenoid safety switch on my Gixxer1k in the first position. I was not satisfied with the answer I got with them ("thanks, we are fixing that with our newer version that we intend to put out someday") but did not offer to replace mine, even when I showed them a pic of mine vs. OEM that showed the hole was off just a little (but enough). I'm not believing the 'lifetime warranty" bit. But I'd certainly contact them maybe your experience will be better than mine good luck!

Call them: number is above

I've had mine 3+ yrs running now, working fine. Dunno how many miles, same pair, 2nd busa , 40,000 + miles I suppose.

6820941717_0ba905fb2c_o.jpg

6820941741_03b605a79e_o.jpg

6820941845_fc9def4915_o.jpg

I emailed them and got a very prompt response from Larry in customer care. He has asked me to send the lever in though he said that they stopped making these levers in 2012 because the normal ones were outselling these by a huge numbers.

I emailed them and got a very prompt response from Larry in customer care. He has asked me to send the lever in though he said that they stopped making these levers in 2012 because the normal ones were outselling these by a huge numbers.

Glad it worked out for you at least this far. Mine are going in the dumpster when I go home. Worst money I've ever spent.

There is an old Chinese proverb that says: "Pay peanuts you get monkeys"! :dunno:

There is an old Chinese proverb that says: "Pay peanuts you get monkeys"! :dunno:

Did you look at the price? I hardly paid peanuts for them. They are by far the worst experience in aftermarket parts I've ever had. I think those junky Chinese lever are better honestly

But my friend got pazzos installed and they do the same thing......do not engage switch at lower settings

My Piazzo's don't do that.

I took an OEM, a FP Racing and a Piazzo, and lined all three perches up; the FP was out of line to the others. Just a few mm's but apparently enough to intermittently get enough out of tolerance to upset the switch. When I happens I just adjust to the 2nd position and then I'm good.

No didnt tell them about it cos have read so much on the forums about this so thought that when I buy the lever its understood lower settings will create an issue

It's an intermittent problem so maybe it will be ok. Just remember to tell him just in case it doesn't start 6 months from now, and you can't remember the reason why..

Got in a new lever and surprisingly now it engages at all settings.....Thanks FP for the great service...turn around time was about 2 days.

Back