Fox, the most trusted news network!

here is a clue....

if the "news" program you are watching always portrays one side as negative, one party as the devil you are listening to an entertainment show...not a news show.

when i want entertainment i will watch "colbert" or john stuart.....not any of the so-called news channels.

Nielson rating say that FNC has more viewers than the other major networks combined... guess they are lying too? or do people watch what they believe?

That is a pretty impressive number IMO... (and would certainly back up the poll)

why is it if you disagree with something you go all "slappy" like that? I mean it is sort of fun to watch and completely predictable (well except for the "dragon" thing) but still not very productive..

wouldn't you do better to figure out why people might be watching something YOU dont like? (critical thinking?) I never said I did not like Fox News, I disputed the claim based on the VERY SMALL sample polled.

Informed not opinionated has some relevance here... If the majority of people felt riding was safer without a helmet, then I would look and see why they thought that, not jump up and call them stupid or ignorant

WHAT MAJORITY?? But lets have fun: :laugh:

So to make the comparison to your poll about Fox news and your example about riding without a helmet. Of .00007 Registered voters polled (1151) 49% (564) said Fox they trusted Fox news. And you are saying that is significant with your post.

There are 25,888 members here. So if we poll the same sample .00007 or 2 members if just one member says riding without a helmet is safer then it must be right? Because that would be the majority right? :thumbsup:

The arrogance is what keeps many people from developing new ideas and opinions and growing...

Just like Pelosi right now, she is screaming full speed ahead instead of "what is wrong?" She will wake up.. hopefully...

Now lets look at the Nielsen ratings for the week of January 18th.

Hmmmm.....Looks like iCarly beat Hannity :rofl: by almost 5 points.

Nielsen ratings for week of January 18
Cable top 15
Rank Show name Network Day, time Viewers in millions

1. iCarly Nick at Nite Mon., 8 11.2

2. Hannity Fox News Tues., 9 6.8

* Big Time Rush Nick at Nite Mon., 8:30 6.8

4. On the Record Fox News Tues., 10 6.4

5. Wizards of Waverly Place Disney Fri., 8 6.2

6. Pregnancy Pact Lifetime Sat., 9 5.9

7. WWE Raw USA Mon., 10 5.4

* Burn Notice USA Thurs., 10 5.4

9. Suite Life on Deck Disney Fri., 9 5.2

* The O'Reilly Factor Fox News Tues., 8 5.2

* WWE Raw USA Mon., 9 5.2

12. NCIS USA Fri., 8 5.0

13. The O'Reilly Factor Fox News Thurs., 8 4.8

* Jersey Shore MTV Thurs., 10 4.8

15. White Collar USA Tues., 10 4.7

Last edited:
Most news and opinion show viewers who have buyers remorse or concerns about the direction of the country are flocking to FOX to hear facts that reveal if they have been punked or not. Yes, they are biased but by far the most trustworthy. Other networks all play cover up for some ridiculous decisions and actions coming from high places. ???

Other networks all play cover up for some ridiculous decisions and actions coming from high places. ???
Which is EXACTLY what Fox did with the last administration. As I said, they are all biased, Fox is just the only major one with a conservative slant.

Fox News Finishes Week #1 in All of Primetime Cable
By Kevin Allocca on Jan 26, 2010 10:23 AM

Fox News was the top cable network in primetime last week, averaging the most total viewers between January 18th-24th. The last time FNC topped USA and came in first was during the week of the 2008 presidential election.

In a week dominated by coverage of the earthquake in Haiti and the U.S. Senate election in Massachusetts, FNC drew an average of 3.2 million total viewers in primetime (Mon-Sun).

Fox was ranked 3rd in total day. CNN was 22nd in primetime and 19th in total day, and MSNBC was 25th in primetime and 31st in total day.

Fox News Finishes Week #1 in All of Primetime Cable - mediabistro.com: TVNewser

How exactly could FNC have more viewers than the other major networks combined...Yet be number 3 overall? ???

DINO you remind me of the guy standing on the dock waiving your ticket, jumping up and down at the ship as it departs..... in other words.. the ship has sailed.. :rofl: (and it is not coming back for you)

Here is last weeks numbers for news: add up the numbers.. I will highlight the important ones, we will say Fox is the single red one, and the "others" are "blue"

Fox averaged 24.4 million viewers in prime-time (13.3 rating, 21 share).
CBS was a distant second with 9.6 million viewers (6.1, 10),
ABC had 6.3 million (4.1], 7),
NBC had 5.3 million (3.3,

Ok you gotta add up the little "blue" ones and then compare it to the big red one..

anyway, I thought it was an interesting article all the same...

Last edited:
DINO you remind me of the guy standing on the dock waiving your ticket, jumping up and down at the ship as it departs..... in other words.. the ship has sailed.. :rofl: (and it is not coming back for you)

Here is last weeks numbers for news: add up the numbers.. I will highlight the important ones, we will say Fox is the single red one, and the "others" are "blue"

Ok you gotta add up the little "blue" ones and then compare it to the big red one..

Please cite your numbers.

Last edited:
Now lets look at the Nielsen ratings for the week of January 18th.

Hmmmm.....Looks like iCarly beat Hannity :rofl: by almost 5 points.

Nielsen ratings for week of January 18
Cable top 15
Rank Show name Network Day, time Viewers in millions

1. iCarly Nick at Nite Mon., 8 11.2

2. Hannity Fox News Tues., 9 6.8

That's my fault...the kids and I love iCarly (our favorite character on there is Sam) :) and I don't care for Sean Hannity anyway :rofl:

Fox News averaged 3.213 million total viewers in primetime last week, edging out USA (3.194 million).

Fox News #1 Cable Network In Primetime For Scott Brown Victory Week

OH Wait....

http://tvbythenumbers.com/category/ratings/nielsen-network-tv-ratings-battle

Hey Bogus that is FOX Network....NOT....Fox News Channel (FNC) ....as you stated above. :whistle:

This is one of the problems we have been having on the board for some time.

Let’s keep this in the form of a debate instead of turning it into an argument which escalates into jabs and then personal attacks. Put your data, facts, and links to supporting information out there. Some people get different things from different data on the same subject (even the same data). We are not always going to be able to make everyone see the results we see. Put good data and your opinions out there and let the audience make their own decisions. But leave comments like this out of it please.

Everyone please review Rule #9. I think it covers it pretty well.

Comments and replies to this post should be by PM and not here. Let’s keep this one on topic.

Thanks

.... you guys realise that article was not in favor of Fox news... it was pointing out how people dont care what the truth is, they care about what the news is telling them..

“Fox is brilliant about getting ratings. A generation ago you would have expected Americans to place their trust in the most neutral and unbiased conveyors of news, but the media landscape has really changed. Now they’re turning more toward the outlets that tell them what they want to hear.”

That article is FAR from PRO fox news.... they even made a point of bringing up how many actually BELIEVE fox news is "fair and balanced"

Is this topic gonna change the weather soon...I wannnaaaaa riiiiiide!!!! It's too cold out here.

Sorry guys...just a random thought:laugh:

Is this topic gonna change the weather soon...I wannnaaaaa riiiiiide!!!! It's too cold out here.

Sorry guys...just a random thought:laugh:

lol.... i've been wondering for a few days, when its riding season... does the board go silent and post counts per day just drop to nill or what???

lol.... i've been wondering for a few days, when its riding season... does the board go silent and post counts per day just drop to nill or what???

It changes, it goes from who has the best news channel to look at the pics of my ride today....

Back