Fox, the most trusted news network!

Poll: Fox News most trusted network among Americans

:) kind of nice that the press is even talking about it huh?

As usual we share similiar views on these topics! I have lurked in any thread where I find my mouth might get me in trouble!

I LOVED History in high school & college! To this day I try to keep well informed about all that is going on. My downfall is that my passion for these topics as well as politics, economy, etc. can get ugly in my firm beliefs.

I have to say that when I was watching Obama's speech last night and he got to the topic of haulting government spending in 2011. He began naming off gov't programs and when he got to National Security, I almost had a heart attack. Thank goodness it was not for long as he quickly got to the point that National Security will not be affected along with MCAID and MCARE.

Fox has the best investigative people in the business, period. Roger Ailes will not let a story air until it has been checked and re-checked with known sources. Unlike CNN, NSNBC and the network media. Oreilly's people are some of the best for finding the corrupt and digging them out.

Fox News Fair and Balanced. is not just a saying.

You know, many Leftists will not appear on Fox because they know they will have to answer honestly or they will be called out with proof.
The other news groups usually do not even extend invitations to centrists or right leaning guests because they don't want to hear their side at all, it would confuse their base group to hear the truth..........But more and more are switching to Fox, if only for their accurate reporting.

foxnews.jpg
[/IMG]

It's the only news channel for me, and they have real good taste in women.:laugh:

this is moronic.... someone not towing your party line here?

Well you might want to consider other sources. Stay on the .org long enough and continue to read all of Mr. Bogus's consistent political posts....you might find yourself switching parties and you did not even realize it ??? :whistle:
Now come on,

did not take long... I did not bash a soul... I for the most part do not even watch network news.. (after tens of years of watching all the lies spewed forth by all the networks, what was the point.. you may not believe it, but Walter Cronkite had some heavy bias's but at least he gave accurate reports.) Every network news station pretty much blew its credibility with me a long long time ago...

Univision is heavily censored (Politically) but their "on the street" stuff? whew, hard core... Lucky they are into the "Machismo" of the Hispanic male, we get hot weather girls :)

BBC has its own bias and who could forget "monty python" :whistle: :laugh: (He is English right?) :)

every news network is run by "people" and those people all have allegiances..

the poll I posted was not run by Fox for what ever that is worth, they simply won the poll.. They have 1/3 of America watching them, wonder why?

I did listen to the "State of the Union" address... started good, finished with a bad taste in my mouth...

What stinks is that they are probably going to cut the space exploration budget out... only thing mankind is doing worth a crap...

Ummmm.....they only polled 1151 registered voters. There are 169 million registered voters in this country as of 2008. So they are making this claim based upon telephonic responses of about .00007% of the registered voters, and some of their total REFUSED TO BE INTERVIEWED.

Ok…I guess that works if you happen to agree with what is said. Oh and of that tiny number only 14% identified themselves as liberal. So don’t be “Shocked” that FOX came out ahead. Also each news organization was addressed individually so there was no real ranking of the different newscasts. Lastly we have no way of knowing if there was any particular bias in the very small number of telephonic respondents. Who knows what they might have just watched that influenced their opinion or when the last time they watched a particular news cast. Ask yourself if you routinely look at all the news programs and compare what is being said and the truth to it. I certainly could not comment on how much I trust ABC news because I rarely watch it.

So look at the numbers for yourself and do some critical thinking of your own, there is always interesting findings in polls but if you don’t put them into perspective you are likely to be mis-informed.

:beerchug:

PPP conducted a national survey of 1,151 registered voters on January 18th and 19th. The
survey’s margin of error is +/-2.8%. Other factors, such as refusal to be interviewed and
weighting, may introduce additional error that is more difficult to quantify.

Last edited:
Dino, I don't need proof or numbers or stats to know what news channel I like :rofl:

Just sayin', not everything in life needs some factual data to back a preference :poke: Life can sometimes be easy...

:moon:

Dino, I don't need proof or numbers or stats to know what news channel I like :rofl:

Just sayin', not everything in life needs some factual data to back a preference :poke: Life can sometimes be easy...

:moon:

You are right we should never let facts influence what we believe. And by God if 0.00007 registered voters say something it must be true for all of us. :thumbsup: Carry on, I am going to hunt dragons.

Are dragons real?

Duh! 4%

Hes sitting in my lap, how could he not be real? 67%

Um. No. 1%

Yeah :D 17%

Dragons? 1%

There is scientific proof to explain their mythological existance. 9%

Total Votes : 920 (Only 230 fewer people than what were asked about the news)

Last edited:
Stats and polls can be and are skewed any way the person paying for it wants them to be. Anyone who has taken a statistics class knows this. I have no faith in polls or stats.
I don't watch any of the tv news channels on a regular basis, all they are interested in is portraying the world outside your front door as a horrible place, so you spend more time in front of your tv and they can charge advertisers even more money.
That being said, I think Fox has an important place as a conservative news network, to balance out the decidedly liberal other outlets.
As long as you recognize the skew that they all put on the stories, in addition to the negative sensationalism that is inherent to the genre, good nuggets of truth can be mined from any news source.
If you want to put faith in statistics and polls, you go right ahead, but at the end of the day you will find that in real life things are not exactly as they appeared to be....

You are right we should never let facts influence what we believe. And by God if 0.00007 registered voters say something it must be true for all of us. :thumbsup: Carry on, I am going to hunt dragons.

I like giving you a hard time. You deserve it :laugh: Where's the love?! :moon:

Nielson rating say that FNC has more viewers than the other major networks combined... guess they are lying too? or do people watch what they believe?

That is a pretty impressive number IMO... (and would certainly back up the poll)

why is it if you disagree with something you go all "slappy" like that? I mean it is sort of fun to watch and completely predictable (well except for the "dragon" thing) but still not very productive..

wouldn't you do better to figure out why people might be watching something YOU dont like? (critical thinking?)

Informed not opinionated has some relevance here... If the majority of people felt riding was safer without a helmet, then I would look and see why they thought that, not jump up and call them stupid or ignorant

The arrogance is what keeps many people from developing new ideas and opinions and growing...

Just like Pelosi right now, she is screaming full speed ahead instead of "what is wrong?" She will wake up.. hopefully...

As long as you recognize the skew that they all put on the stories, in addition to the negative sensationalism that is inherent to the genre, good nuggets of truth can be mined from any news source.
If you want to put faith in statistics and polls, you go right ahead, but at the end of the day you will find that in real life things are not exactly as they appeared to be....
and you are right... you give any of these guys 10 minutes of your time, they will waste 8 of them.. :)

The only thing that really backs the poll (at least to me) is that their viewership is more than double the nearest other network and higher than all the other majors combined.. (did not know that till today)

(and Rush will waste 9 of your minutes) :rofl:

The only thing that really backs the poll (at least to me) is that their viewership is more than double the nearest other network and higher than all the other majors combined.. (did not know that till today)
Many Americans like Fox, which is why their numbers keep climbing. Just because more people watch them does not mean they are any more correct, or less biased than any other source however. A news outlet that claims to be "fair and balanced" is equivalent to a car salesman saying "let me be honest with ya folks...."
They are all in it for the money, and could not care less about the truth. Truth to them, not just Fox all of them, is dollars and cents.

Back