Forums as Home Page switching to Portal??

JQBusa

Registered
I have the forums set as my home page and for some reason it keeps switching my home page to the portal page, why?? I want to be right at the forum since I don't care for the portal page. Some one help me fix this. Thanks.

lurk.gif

bueller bueller

(JQBusa @ Nov. 08 2006,15:09) I have the forums set as my home page and for some reason it keeps switching my home page to the portal page, why?? I want to be right at the forum since I don't care for the portal page. Some one help me fix this. Thanks.
+1

the portal page is now the default board index. I Thats just the way it is

CAp

I don't like it and it is not going to be my home page anymore.
sad.gif
Reminds me of what the military does to my work computer, automatically changing things for you whether you want it or not. Thanks but no thanks. Of course I will still come here.

I don't have time for extra clicking either, so now I've saved the place I want to start in as homepage and a bookmark. bummer

The portal page, although different is a nice touch to the site. There is at least 1 link on that portal page that will bring you right into the forums if you just take the time to look at it. Near the top left corner under your avatar pic (control panel) there is an area that says member links. One of them is "New Posts". Click it and your right into the forum with all the new posts since the last time you visited. Few other nice things about it as well if you just give it some time and look around you might like it...

I can't complain, the site is still free and there are no pop-ups.

Not like all the adds and pop ups I used to get with AOL, and I paid for that crappy service. This is not a big deal to me.

lurk.gif

(JQBusa @ Nov. 09 2006,07:27) I guess I could just make the general forum area my home page but I don't think I should have too.
Get over it.. Its a free site and that extra 1.3 seconds it takes for you to go the forums I'm sure will not eat away all your spare time.. I fyou dont like it then just click right through it but for goodness sake dont tell me that "you shouldn't have to" You guys have no idea how many hours we spent trying to accommodate everyone... There are still changes to make but at this point a simple thank you captain for trying to make this place better and not be so stagnate and brining new features to the site and listening to the members that have had ideas and trying to help the sponsor would definately be better than "I shouldnt have to"

CAp

man that's 1.3 seconds of my life i will never get back....
laugh.gif

(1320Busa @ Nov. 09 2006,13:06) man that's 1.3 seconds of my life i will never get back....
laugh.gif
You're slow...I clocked myself at just under 1 second...
muscle.gif

(captain @ Nov. 09 2006,09:36)
(JQBusa @ Nov. 09 2006,07:27) I guess I could just make the general forum area my home page but I don't think I should have too.
Get over it.. Its a free site and that extra 1.3 seconds it takes for you to go the forums I'm sure will not eat away all your spare time.. I fyou dont like it then just click right through it but for goodness sake dont tell me that "you shouldn't have to" You guys have no idea how many hours we spent trying to accommodate everyone... There are still changes to make but at this point a simple thank you captain for trying to make this place better and not be so stagnate and brining new features to the site and listening to the members that have had ideas and trying to help the sponsor would definately be better than "I shouldnt have to"

CAp
Cap...could you make it so that when I log in, it automatically finishes all my work for me, rubs my feet, fixes me a cafemochalatte, puts my wife in the mood, and pays all my taxes. Oh..and I don't want to be involved in any of the preparation it takes to do any of that. Thanx!

poke.gif
beerchug.gif
tounge.gif
smile.gif

1. Depends on what kind of work it is.
2. Rubbing your feet crosses the OSHA guidlines
3. How bout we just have it delivered
4. Your taxes can be electronically filed

cap
all_coholic.gif

(wizeguy @ Nov. 09 2006,11:55)
(captain @ Nov. 09 2006,09:36)
Get over it.. Its a free site and that extra 1.3 seconds it takes for you to go the forums I'm sure will not eat away all your spare time.. I fyou dont like it then just click right through it but for goodness sake dont tell me that "you shouldn't have to"  You guys have no idea how many hours we spent trying to accommodate everyone... There are still changes to make but at this point a simple thank you captain for trying to make this place better and not be so stagnate and brining new features to the site and listening to the members that have had ideas and trying to help the sponsor would definately be better than "I shouldnt have to"

CAp
Cap...could you make it so that when I log in, it automatically finishes all my work for me, rubs my feet, fixes me a cafemochalatte, puts my wife in the mood, and pays all my taxes.  Oh..and I don't want to be involved in any of the preparation it takes to do any of that.  Thanx!

poke.gif

beerchug.gif

tounge.gif

smile.gif
I would also like:

- My bike waxed
-Lawn cut
-All my emails answered
-Some type of chinese dish on the table by 6pm...

ices_rofl.gif

Back