Forum Owner Missing In Action

jellyrug

Donating Member
Registered
Short story, Husqvarna motorcycle forum well established with excellent content gathered over many years has the forum owner missing in action for almost three years. Two Administrators with limited access are trying to keep it going, but very little they can do without the owner passwords.

Any of the forum gurus here have advice on how to save all the work folks put into this forum?

Is it possible to get information from the software vendors and find out who hosts the server and change the passwords?

Here is a thread talking about it and also allowing access to the site:

http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/mods-post-approval-requirement.80724/page-2#post-624263

There is no way the developers or host is going to change passwords on the admin account. If those mods have access they can go make whatever changes they need to make but I would bet that they don't.

Details for 206.214.208.184
IP: 206.214.208.184
Decimal: 3470184632
Hostname: vps.cafehusky.com
ASN: 25847
ISP: ServInt
Organization: ServInt
Services: None detected
Continent: North America
us.png

State/Region: Virginia
City: Reston
Latitude: 38.9311 (38° 55′ 51.96″ N)
Longitude: -77.3489 (77° 20′ 56.04″ W)
Postal Code: 20191

There is no way the developers or host is going to change passwords on the admin account. If those mods have access they can go make whatever changes they need to make but I would bet that they don't.
Thanks Cap!!
As the owner has been missing in action, no response for three years and the two Admins do not have full access is there anything possible to rescue this? Or is it just wait and see until it goes belly up?

Someone is paying the hosting fees... Someone is collecting the advertising money... If I were those admins I would start a new site and put a link in every forum over to the new one :) If the owner isn't dead I bet that get's his attention. Right now they are working their fingers to the bone so that the owner does nothing.

Back