Former ZX14 now 09 Busa Owner Mod Info

meridian

Registered
Any help is appreciated! I recently sold my 06 ZX14 in a moment of insanity and purchased a KTM Adventure. Long story short, the KTM is now for sale and I have purchased a 09 Hayabusa, just to be different from the 14. I loved the 14 and had installed Muzzy slip ons with BMC filter, Power Commander 3 and had the secondary flies removed. Made over 170hp on the dyno, up from about 163 prior to mods. The biggest improvement was in the low end response from stock (torque). My questions are:

Are there secondary flies on a Busa? Are the Yoshimura pipes the best (Muzzy for Kawasaki, Yosh for Suzuki?) and can one of the sponsors advise and price out the parts for me? I am in Vancouver, Canada but can pick up parts in Blaine Washington State. I have an awesome tuner here to install who is pricing out for me but I think it might be quite a bit cheaper south of the border. Any help or advice is appreciated!!!!!!!!

well one of our sponsers has some real nice full sets at a great price I'll see if I can find the post for you

look up this post- Special Pricing: Yoshimura R-77 Org Members he's giving a hell of a deal on these systems

The Gen II has secondarys. I've got the full brocks short street meg and PC III. It's suppose to be worth somewhere around 14 ponies. Your '09 should have close to 175 RWHP off the floor. :thumbsup:

Wow! Thanks for the big welcome. So, should the secondary flies be removed or is it best just to leave them be? Here is the bike all stock and ready to make my own...

Busa.jpg

The Gen II has secondarys. I've got the full brocks short street meg and PC III. It's suppose to be worth somewhere around 14 ponies. Your '09 should have close to 175 RWHP off the floor. :thumbsup:

How loud is it? I like to ride early on weekends and don't want to wake the entire neighborhood. Just the immediate neighbors is ok though!

Welcome and nice bike! :cheerleader: I'm interested to hear your comparison review after you've had some time on the busa.

How loud is it? I like to ride early on weekends and don't want to wake the entire neighborhood. Just the immediate neighbors is ok though!

The Yosh R-77 isn't a loud system, nice looks, saves a lot of weight and decent power gains. You can run it with stock o2 sensor or add a Bazzaz or PC3. The secondary flies can be removed but not suggested unless track use only and a good tune ( but not needed ). Welcome to the board...:beerchug:

I removed the secondary flies, I did it while doing other stuff to the bike. In my opinion they are just another restriction I didn't need. They were not there on the original back in 99. I think they are somehow tied into the mode selector for A B C power ranges. Since I removed them I don't see a difference in power. I did not use a power commander, we have a local speed shop that tunes the factory computer. He charges $ 75.00 for a tune allot cheaper than a power commander and you don't have something that can break this way. I don't drag my bike just ride it like I stole sometimes :whistle: But I can tell you this that there is no comparison to this bike now and stock. My buddy has an 08 that is bone stock and I can walk him in any gear badly up to 155ish. We have gone no faster than that so don't know about the upper level but I am so far ahead of him at 150 I couldn't see him making it up before I run out of gear or road :) I am going to get a dyno on it in the fall to see what it puts down. Visit my website to see my mods. They are the standard mods I think that most do. My Toys : Home Page

Welcome to the other side :)

Back