FORK TUBE BUSH REMOVAL

micmat

Registered
Does anyway now the best method for removing the fork tube bushes. I can get the one nearest the seal out ok but the one further up I am not sure on how to tackle it .The bushes are not worn but need to be removed as I want the tubes anodised a different colour and the company going to do it wants them removed.

I believe that upper bush you speak of is not removeable, integral with the aluminium fork slider . . I may be wrong, someone else may have a different view?

Last edited:
Notice in this diagram there is no fork bushings shown at all...
I've also searched online for bushings, and there was only ever one listed, not two.
1564426383161.png

Thanks for the reply , I new Suzuki strangely didn't do them and had seen places selling bushes but I could not understand why they were not two different sizes ! Having just thoroughly cleaned the tubes I wonder if the one further down the tube that I thought was a bush is in fact a machined part of the tube that act as a guide, its quite difficult to see.

Thanks for the reply , I new Suzuki strangely didn't do them and had seen places selling bushes but I could not understand why they were not two different sizes ! Having just thoroughly cleaned the tubes I wonder if the one further down the tube that I thought was a bush is in fact a machined part of the tube that act as a guide, its quite difficult to see.
Yeah, the slider has a machined “bush” actually part of the slider.
If it’s worn to excess clearance and excessive movement between slider and tube, throw the tube away lol

Last edited:
Is a slight discolouration in the Chrome outer part of the fork tube normal? I’m changing out the seals and i noticed it, so thought it might be bushings but apparently no bushings to replace?! The tube doesn’t have gouges or scratches, smooth to the touch going up and down on it, just looks discoloured.

how did you guys get the inner bushing out? The one nearest to the seal? Thx in advance

A1DFCF7D-5D9C-43FA-84D2-5E5A3471B7EB.jpeg

Back