Fork seals

Jpcl

Registered
Are gen 1 and gen 2 fork seals the same? It’s hard to find gen 1 seals online. I see a lot of complete kits from Suzuki for gen2’s but nothing for gen 1. Some aftermarket guys list all years as compatible for their seals so that got me wondering. Want to stay Suzuki on the seals...

Not sure. Here?

Pretty pricey for just seals. Seems like the all balls seals don’t have great reviews either. Might have to just visit the dealer for this.

If anyone can confirm they have used gen2 fork seals on a gen1 that would be great or if anyone knows the dimensions of the seals..

Pretty pricey for just seals. Seems like the all balls seals don’t have great reviews either. Might have to just visit the dealer for this.

If anyone can confirm they have used gen2 fork seals on a gen1 that would be great or if anyone knows the dimensions of the seals..
That's what Berlin was saying above you, he says he has many times.

yeah @rubbersidedown

allways trying to save some 2 or 3 bucks can bring you sometimes some trouble

my personal thinking is :
cheap means (for me) to have to buy it twice ( in the worst you bought crap ) and have to do same work twice
inexpensive means (for me) the piece you bought is worth its price, no matter what price man had to pay

@Berlin Germany true that right. Fork seals is NOT a 15 minute job. :laugh:

And why would you want to do it again a week later.
rofl.gif

Hard to understand peoples thinking sometimes....
dunno.gif

I just saved 10 dollars on fork seals....
clap.gif

Rubb.

Back