Fork seals

karnage

Registered
So why do I need oem seals??Why are they superior to anything else.Factory deosnt always mean better, just more expensive.Why cant i go to my local motion indutries rep and get a pair from them.Same material and size.Buna is buna right??Just want to know opinions before I buy.Opinions and experience on either type of seal.

I have been working on bikes for years, and every oem seal last longer. I have tried several different seals, and have always had bad experiences.
Take what everyone says, but if you call suspension shops, they generally use OEM!

But now that you are on your what third thread about this subject, why ask?

Your talking about $25 for a set of seals, plus the time to do this job correctly, im sorry my time is worth a lot to me!

just want to know.I just figure buna is buna but I will go oem if thats what everyone says to do.I can reuse the dust seals right??I have wrenched a long time and have seen oem and aftermarket seals work well and fail as well.I just like to get all opinions on things but at the same time dont want to do it again really for a while.

just want to know.I just figure buna is buna but I will go oem if thats what everyone says to do.I can reuse the dust seals right??
I reuse the dust seals every time, the only time the get replaced is if they are torn or damaged!
Just clean them, then coat them with a light grease, before re installation.

Cool.Will do.See thats why I love this site.Good people with good info to keep others from making bad decisions.:thumbsup:

GIXERHP said:
I reuse the dust seals every time, the only time the get replaced is if they are torn or damaged!
Just clean them, then coat them with a light grease, before re installation.

Coming up on a year and several thousand miles on the ones gixerhp installed for me last year at the bash, still goin strong. :thumbsup:

Smellphone via Forum Runner

Just chatted with fluid suspensions in my area and he has the oem seals on hand.He is also going to help me set the bike up right so it handles right and sits right.

The oil level is tricky, the manufacturer will make a recommendation,, but how ever the better ways is to, use oils levels

Back