Fork Rebuild

Devildust

Registered
Hey guys, so its an 04 with 17k miles. Looks like one of the seals is starting to go. I will be replacing seals for sure, and maybe upgrading to race tech springs, now if I do that do I need to do valves too? How hard are the valves to do and should I even bother or just do seals and oil and call it a day.
Thanks.

Lots of guys do very well on the track with stock suspension. I would say unless yer really into the track,or super twisties,you should just save your money.

Have you priced out springs and re-valving? It ain't cheap.

I'd fix whats broken.If the springs are sacked,sure replace 'em.Etc.etc.

RSD.

What has you looking at race tech springs? With 17K miles on the clock I'd think you would have a good relationship with the current setup.

Hey guys, so its an 04 with 17k miles. Looks like one of the seals is starting to go. I will be replacing seals for sure, and maybe upgrading to race tech springs, now if I do that do I need to do valves too? How hard are the valves to do and should I even bother or just do seals and oil and call it a day.
Thanks.

What has you looking at race tech springs? With 17K miles on the clock I'd think you would have a good relationship with the current setup.

That I do lol, honestly was just looking at suspension stuff and idea came to mind. I will probably end up not touching the springs as I do not want to waste money on that plus then getting something for the rear to balance it out.

How much do you weigh ? The Gen I is pretty good for under 200 I believe. Have you ever had the suspension set ?

Currently 180lbs, but trying to get back down to 165lbs so weight is non issue. I adjusted the front to be a bit stiffer than factory, haven't touched the rear since that seemed like a good combo.

Currently 180lbs, but trying to get back down to 165lbs so weight is non issue. I adjusted the front to be a bit stiffer than factory, haven't touched the rear since that seemed like a good combo.
You should be able to have that suspension set and be good to go brother. Not an expert .....

Back