Fork Oil

There are people who use 5, 7 and 10w, but the manufacturers vary a bit on actual viscosity of oil (10w does not mean the same thing for all brands).

The book calls for Suzuki L01; but I have never actually seen it anywhere.

What brand do you want to use?

Thanks for the link.

I've ridden about 2000 miles on the stock oil and I like it - so I think I'm going to stay with 5wt.

I'm 220lbs and changed seals out last spring. I stayed with the same springs but went with maxima 59901-7. (7 weight). Not sure what difference the oil made because I set the suspension up after the swap. But all considered there was a noticeable difference in handling and rebound. Check out Jinksters tutorial on fork setup.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/threads/jinkster-attacks-suspension.89876/
did you do the seals yourself or have them done? Mine are leaking like crazy and currently cant ride because of it.

did you do the seals yourself or have them done? Mine are leaking like crazy and currently cant ride because of it.

Seals aren't hard if you have the tools. If you don't have the tools, buy them in place of labor costs.
TwoBrothersBusa has a great "how-to" thread on fork seals.
If you can turn a wrench, you can do it. Give it a try!

I switched from stock 5w to 7w in my old gen2 forks (had proper sag too). I'm low 190s in full gear.
The 7w fealt more stable, less flimsy.
Like the forks were stronger. The stock 5w fealt weak to me. If that makes any sense.
The bike(again, correct sag) fealt less disrupted over bumps and handled smoother to me with 7w.
"To me", personally, my riding style, so whatever that's worth, maybe 2 cents.

Can't remember who.. but someone directed me to spray silicone lube on the forks and wipe em down after a wash or when they get wet. Hard spots from calcium can ruin the seals. Maybe, maybe not. But it's cheap insurance.

Forks are out, the oil was dirty (probably 6 years old)!

3nhSWS8h.png

YrJECqdh.png

Back