Fork install

PDBusa

who, me?
Donating Member
Registered
My forks should be back from Traxxion Dynamics tomorrow after the magic has been worked!  
woot.gif

Is there anything that is not in the service manual that I need to know about for the re-install?  
umnik.gif

Mods. feel free to move this post to maintenance. I just wanted a fast response. I know.
corner2.png

you have the stock triple tree without risers? make sure that plastic stays in the hole at the top (fork to top clamp) and use a torque wrench for the rest of the stuff.. Took me about 15 minutes to reinstall mine

The service manual tells you how far up they go into the triple tree. Measure and mark. The trick is to make sure you put both of them exactly the same height.

Take your time and do this part right!

Oh, and make sure you get the left and right straight. Don't put 'em in backward!

--Wag--

The service manual tells you how far up they go into the triple tree. Measure and mark. The trick is to make sure you put both of them exactly the same height.

Take your time and do this part right!

Oh, and make sure you get the left and right straight. Don't put 'em in backward!

--Wag--
on the stock setup there are 2 plastic rings that go between the fork tube and the top triple tree. No adjusting up and down... the fort tube pushes flush against the plastic ring and then up against the top tree.

I would like to ask, how far up they should be sonce i have a custom triple tree on top, and new forks from 06 ..so im all the way in, low as can go.

This wont help you much with the aftermarket triple tree, but this is what the manual says for the stock set up. May have to reach out to the tree manufacturer for recommended depth.

Capture.JPG

Back