Forgot how slow a stock gen1 feels at 4700ft up

2Wheels2Live

Registered
I switched rides with my bud, my 03 LE has all the usual bolt on mods (exhaust, gearing etc) and his 05 is bone stock. If felt like everything went into slow motion. And he couldn't believe how much quicker mine felt. He said the same mods I've done are now going on his bike...another one corrupted :laugh: Mine felt slow right from the get-go, I was modding it as soon as break in was over. Living at 4700ft doesn't help much either though :banghead:

Hmmm... yea i too live at 5000 feet.. Got a Ti Muzzy 4 into one and PC II.....
Funny thing at altitude.... bikes stills pulls hard and revs very nice....even at 8000 feet it's still fast but seems to be more of a torque loss.....but when i get to sea level it's a whole new ballgame. I'm 59 today and it seems everytime i ride i am never dissapointed with available power... went 155 GPS a short time back with this config..woohoo at 7000 feet in 5th gear. :whistle:. When i bought it it had one tooth down on the C-shaft and a K&N ...stock exhaust.... too me it was an amazing ride home from the dealer...then i did the large airbox mod which i regret...loss of T down low....
Interesting what you said about that it felt slow...stone stock....yer buddies ride.
was that it was so quiet....???
On a side note... my buddies GenII is 100% stock..and with mine with da mod's...is right with him up too about 160 plus.. then we backed off... me likey that with 40K on the odo. Oh over 155 without the top trunk.

2010 Busa.jpg

Last edited:
Back