Forgive me agent orange for i have sinned

thebbbusa

Donating Member
Registered
Well after finally putting it off for several hundred miles, I finally got around to changing the oil in Agent Orange. Needless to say, it wasn't pretty.

As you here on this board as my witness, I solemly swear to never EVER wait this long to change her oil. I hope she forgives me.

Now I know some change their oil ever couple hundred, and others by the thousands...What do you do?

Don't let this come out of your baby!!!

dirty_oil2.jpg

Who's 'recommended'? The service manual says 4000 mi/6 months, but that's too long to me. It was near 4000 miles and 11 months.
wow.gif

Gonna change it again in about 500 miles or so just to clean it out.

I only go about 2,000miles but then again I ride a lot harder than a lot of people.

If you are taking it easy, 4k might be okay but I feel a lot better doing it sooner...
biggrin.gif

3750miles nice and easy to remember

you get it
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Oil is cheep, Engine repairs are not! i change mine every 2k at the most. better safe than sorry IMHO

Use a Premium full sythnetic, and plan on changing your oil every 3k miles. Then when you get around to changing it at 4 or 5k it's not such a painful experiance.

Full synthetic and I change the oil every 2500 and the filter every other oil change
wink.gif

Every 2,000 miles and oil filter every other change. I'd do the oil filter at every change, but dayuum, I hate wrestling with that darn fairing removal/reinstall.

I would change every 3.5k, but honestly modern engine oil is so good compared to what it used to be I wouldn't worry if you went one or two thousand over that. She'll be fine.

Hey Brian, Autozone carries Mobile mxt14 (MC full syn oil) for $7 a quart compared to Iron Pony $13.50 a quart.
AAAssjani.gif

Also, I probably wont be home this evening so be sure to give a Pimp a jingle before you shoot ova to my crib.
Holla
Ty

Just another question for the board on changing oil...

How do you change the oil filter without getting oil all over the headers, if you don't remove those? I put paper down so the oil that came out wouldn't get on them, then when I was done cleaned them off with engine/brake cleaner to get rid of any oil that I missed, but I wonder, what is the proper technique?

Somebody on here was saying tin foil was the ticket. Haven't tried it though. I will say this though. When it comes to filters stick to stock! tried a K&N because of the built in nut but it was a nightmare other than that.

I use aluminum foil - works great. I also use K&N filter because of the nut - no problems there either. MTX4 every 3000.....

I love that smell of old burnt oil off the headers in the morning.
It smells like victory to me.

Back