Ford Ranger with Long Bed

usmc1775

Registered
Hi, just out of curiosity, will a new Ford Ranger with a 7 foot long bed fit a Suzuki Hayabusa and be able to close the back end of the truck bend that goes up? I guess it's called the door hinge or something like that. (Sorry for my ignorance) By the way, what kind of ramp do you reccomend, and what kind of tie-downs? Thanks in advance for your help!:thumbsup:

Yes. :thumbsup:

Make sure you buy the front wheel chock for the heavy Busa. Look into the rear wheel chock.

you have to be careful...the front fender will more than likely hit the forward bed wall on that tight of a fit...you might have to angle the bike just a little to get the tailgate to shut.

oh...btw...:welcome:

What they said above, and get you some ratchet strap tie downs. I bet you can get a pack of 4 at walmart for under 15 bucks.

Nope.
But that's no reason it can't be safely done!

Webshots.com Links Do Not Work

cheers
ken

Thanks for everything guys! You guys helped me a lot, and I really appreciate it. The more and more I am in these forums, the more I find out that the people in the forums are not only extremely nice, but also the best!:thumbsup::bowdown:

If you don't have the front wheel chock, you can use a peice of 4X4 or 2X4 in between the front tire and bed to keep the fender from hitting the bed.

That's interesting, I can save money on chokes, and buy other Hayabusa stuff. Thanks for the tip!:thumbsup:

Nope.
But that's no reason it can't be safely done!

cheers
ken

Just out of curiosity, how did you make the holes in the bed to put the chock? Does putting holes, break some part of the truck?

it's common to mount it to plywood, then put the plywood in the bed...not sure if this is what kml has done:beerchug:

Back