Ford patent gives lane-splitting motorcyclists a brake

Thats pretty cool, I lane split almost every day, 58 mile commute takes 2 hours or more if I am driving a car. On the bike I get home in half that time, the good thing about the bay area is most drivers are aware and used to motorcycles lane splitting and give plenty of room to pass. The only ones that have issues are out of state plates that dont know or are not used to it.

Lane sharing should be allowed (and encouraged) in every large population area (after) a timely education program for the populace. For every bike stuck behind a car in stop and go traffic, a space for another car is taken. No lane sharing (adds) to the already clogged traffic problem in metropolitan areas. Thankfully most of my riding is in CA even though I do my best to avoid high traffic areas. Out of state I absolutely avoid congested traffic areas. I don’t wanna be the bike in a bumper sandwich!

Lane sharing should be allowed ( and encouraged )
in every large population area ( after ) a timely
education program for the populace .

For every bike stuck behind
a car in stop and go traffic ,
a space for another car is taken .

No lane sharing ( adds ) to the already
clogged traffic problem in metropolitan areas .

Thankfully most of my riding is in CA
even though I do my best to avoid high traffic areas .

Out of state I absolutely avoid congested traffic areas .

I don’t wanna be the bike in a bumper sandwich !

Call to action for all our Connecticut forum members!

Connecticut State Senator Cathy Osten has proposed Senate Bill 629, which would legalize splitting.

AN ACT CONCERNING THE OPERATION OF MOTORCYCLES.
To permit the operator of a motorcycle to operate between lanes of traffic as is permitted in other states and countries and thereby ease traffic congestion.

Here is the contact page for Senator Cathy Osten.

Alternate contact methods:

Capitol Office
Legislative Office Building
Room 2700
Hartford, CT 06106-1591

Legislative Aide
Stephen Palmer
860-240-0579, or
Toll-free: 1-800-842-1420

Press Aide
Lawrence Cook
860-240-8609

An article from the Stamford Advocate.

Link to the Bill at the Connecticut General Assembly.

Get to work !

Yea, Somehow I feel that even if lane splitting was made legal here in NY, the drivers would still make it their mission to somehow torture bikers.
The main problem for you guys is how narrow the lanes are. It’s crazy to see all the scrapes on the sidewalks around curves on some roads in NY. You come in a little “hot” and the goes your mirror. Even if they made splitting legal, the cars don’t have space to open up for you.

The main problem for you guys is how narrow the lanes are. It’s crazy to see all the scrapes on the sidewalks around curves on some roads in NY. You come in a little “hot” and the goes your mirror. Even if they made splitting legal, the cars don’t have space to open up for you.
Yea that is very true. They try to cram too many damn roads on the small space lol.
Speaking of mirror I just lost one of mine on Saturday. Another Dually came side by side and wham! Our tow mirrors collided :banghead:

Yea that is very true. They try to cram too many damn roads on the small space lol.
Speaking of mirror I just lost one of mine on Saturday. Another Dually came side by side and wham! Our tow mirrors collided :banghead:
I’m amazed at you guys that drive big trucks up there. We’re do you park though? Can’t even go out for dinner, because won’t find parking for a big vehicle like that. LOL!
EDIT: oh wait. You are in Long Island, so there is little more space. My friend just moved to Shirley a year ago and has a nice driveway that fits 4 vehicles.

I’m amazed at you guys that drive big trucks up there. We’re do you park though? Can’t even go out for dinner, because won’t find parking for a big vehicle like that. LOL!
EDIT: oh wait. You are in Long Island, so there is little more space. My friend just moved to Shirley a year ago and has a nice driveway that fits 4 vehicles.
Haha yea Long Island so plenty of parking I have a 2 - 3 car driveway, 2 if my trucks in the street.
The sunset is my back yard

BD44AD07-8C8F-40AC-92A5-E3AE04C16DA9.jpeg

E21CB3E5-4734-45B0-8DB2-1D5D919BEE9B.jpeg

23A08B01-798E-46ED-AE89-368D880D21DA.jpeg

Back