For you Busa and Bking owners..

Zero

Registered
Which do you prefer and, why? And, which one accelerates quicker and has a higher top speed?

Which do you prefer and, why? And, which one accelerates quicker and has a higher top speed?

I really cant answer about the acceleration or top speed

But as for looks ( Busa Hands Down )

I have had a b-king and have a busa and to me they are equally the same on handling and speed, but the busa has the advantage on the wind felt at top speed, but i would love to have another B-King.

I have owned 2 busa's now to my 1 king, the busa are very nice and great bikes, but if I have to have one its the King for sure.

i am currently making my pumkin busa a cruiser, I just put on a zero gravity sport tourer windshield, 1 inch risers, buell pegs, and going to do a few other things just to make it my long distance runner- plus 500miles

So far I have done a 460 mile ride and a bunch of 300-400 mile rides on the king, but the wind does eventual get to you.

I cant say which one accelarates faster because it is not a level playing field- King has 17/45 gears, busa is stock,

Also I dont have a tre on either and am not worried about that, the King stops around 145 with the gearing I have its limited by rpm in 5th/6th by the computer/government/insurance agencies,lawyers

Comfort wise out of the box it is the King for sure, busa dont even compare, also if you get a King dont let friends ride it, they will want one.:laugh:

Oh yea the King was in transformers:rofl:, so thats a big + in my book:rofl::laugh:

3bikes004.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah pretty much, its just a fun hooligan bike, it feels like your on a big ass dirt bike, smiles for miles:thumbsup:

I have both, an 05 Busa that has the Hahn Turbo and Port Fueler as well as some Brake, Suspension and Comfort Mods and a 08 B King. The Busa is my primary commuter and and I ride it the 50 miles to work and then home another 50 miles most of the time.
I am 6'1 235.
First the B King is quicker out of the hole. The shorter gearing and extra torque (I don't know how much of this is the extra 40cc that are the result of the longer stroke fo the Gen 2 engines ) Make it faster off the line. That low end pull and the upright riding position give it a more controlable feel in traffic. I love my B King for the the kind of goofing off that occurs at speeds from 0-100. In many ways it reminds me of some saddle time I spent on a KTM Super Duke. Suspension wise I will probably have the forks re-sprung and valved, a little later. Brakes are fabulous I can say the brakes on the B King are every bit as good as the Brakes on the 05 999 it replaced in my garage. I suspect but don't know that the Gen 2 Busa brakes are every bit as good.
Where the Busa (only experienced with Gen 1) comes into its own is when I am riding distance or at speeds over 75 the busa is far more comfortable. Now as far as acceleration goes my turbo set up lets me make up for the hole shot advantage quickly but a bunch of cash went into making that possible. The suspension on the Busa is simply better sorted that the B King in real carving the Busa is the better bike in my opinion. ( The sad part is since they stopped the production of the B King no one is likely to develop a better drop in package). You will not go wrong with either bike. I love them both. One thing to ask yourself is how important appearance is, I personally believe the B King is one of the Ugliest bikes ever built,, until you are looking across the handle bars then it "Pretties Up" real fast. The Busa on the other hand to my eyes is one of the best looking bikes ever made.

Not to be argumentative but the but the folks over on Suzukib-kink.org have posted Suzuki notices that there will be no 2010 in Europe or OZ

Hmmm, I'm the owner of that website, lol. I guess if you're right I'll be eating a whole plate of crow...:laugh:

1/4 mile and top end goes to the gen2 busa. I think the speed limiter on the b-king is 155mph, wouldn't be stable above that not exactly aerodynamic. Boulevard king kinda tells you it's intended purpose.

Owned both. B-King much better riding (comfortable) position. No difference in acceleration as a practical matter. Hayabusa definately better on the top end (If you live and ride in that end of the spectrum)with respect to riding position and wind screening. I agree with the comment on the Hayabusa suspension being better sorted out for hard cornering and top end speeds. B King suspension is better suited road touring, commuter, urban and surburban hooligan - light to light, 2 gear roll ons to 80 MPH - 60 to 120 MPH roll ons , its a little more comfortable and compliant soaking up bumps and potholes. Braking on both very similar - outstanding. For me the B King is better for distance riding then the Busa. Ear plugs, highway speed and the more neutral riding position certainly trumps the Busa's wrist withering forward canted position for long distance IMO. I know a lot of people have no issue with the busa riding position but even it my mid thirties the Busa started to fatigue my hands and wrist after about 200 miles - no such issues with the cramp buster equiped B-King. The B King is a very unique ride and quite rare to see one on the road. I very much like riding a rare bike and I for one like the look alot. At this point in my life I prefer the b king - it's just more comfortable and every bit a fast - and a very good handling bike not withstanding IMO a slightly soft suspension.

PS - I think the layout, position and functionality of the B-Kings dash is the best I ever come across. I got almost 6 K miles since December 08 a not one problem. It's running better than ever.

Straight out the crate, for looks the Busa, everything else the B King, and top of the list for the B King would be comfort.
Regards Keith UK

Lookin' to build a hooligan/street fighter type bike. I'm too old to handle the clip ons of the Busa so I'd mount bars and remove plastic and put on dual round headlights possibly. Couldn't recall from all the readings in the mags when the Bking first came out, but do the bikes have the same frame, engine, brakes, etc. I know the Kings swingarm is slightly longer and the exhaust is different, but otherwise the same???

Last edited:
Back