For you baffle (silencer) doubters

Pbadasay

Registered
I have a full titanium akro exhaust on my 09 busa. I know a few people were doubting the fact that the baffle would affect HP so I had Ryan Schnitz tune my bike with the baffle in and then tune the bike with the baffle out. I have the results. I did mention it was a 4hp loss but i was wrong, it's just a little lower then that. It was cool to see the difference.

image.jpg

Forgive my ignorance, but is it correct to assume that the dyno results indicated in blue are with the baffle in?

Yeah it may seem minimal but when a stock motor pulls around 176hp and you only gain 8hp with the baffle in which is a 4.5% gain in power compared to just taking the baffle out and having a 188hp which is a 12hp gain or 6.8% gain is pretty significant over a piece of metal on the end of an exhaust.

But yeah I do agree, if you're not much into major hp gains, the sound difference is significant. I loved it with the baffle in because it made the busa a undercover killer compared to seeing all these 600cc bikes roaring/buzzing down the street to make themselves seem faster when we all know the truth lol but after seeing the difference in hp, I like to know that I get the most bang for my buck especially when you usually have to dump hundreds into your bike to gain a few hp here and there. But yeah blue is with the baffle in and red is with it out, sorry I forgot to mention that. :laugh:

Dadofthree- you already know :laugh::laugh::laugh: just need to get on the road to see how much I notice the difference....have you gotten your ecu flashed? If so, how noticeable was it?

You should've done a K&N/BMC vs a stock air filter while you were there:laugh:

I like baffles in mufflers too, I prefer quiet to a couple hp any day street riding.
Now drag racing, Alienhead with no baffle! Awesome sound!
Thanks for the comparison:beerchug:

Back