For those who liked the Bridgestone BT-002's

gtrpimp76

S.Q.U.I.D. Extraordinaire
Donating Member
Registered
If available by my next Trackday on June 30, I will be using a set and will report on these tires. I'll be using the 120/70 fronts and 190/55 rears.

Bridgestone BT-003

They look like full race DOT's. I wonder if they'll still be streetable like the 002's?

rear tread profile

BT003Rear.1.jpg

Don't confuse the BT002 and the BT002RS. The BT002 is a DOT race tire and the BT002RS is a hybrid street tire.
winkold.gif

The BT003 is supposed to have some of the trickle down from Stoner's championship year
cool.gif

is that the new one with THREE types of rubber instead of two?

oops, sorry that is the BT-016

[steps down slowly....]

what kind of mileage off the 002?
I would imagine slightly less mileage than stock, for the 002RS. Charlesbusa and Ba Busa have run them and I was quite impressed at the pace they were able to run them at the track. And they're hybrids (street/trackday tire) as opposed to straight up Race DOT's. Charles can better answer that question.

I was planning on going to the 003's mainly for 100% trackuse. But I would imagine some of the canyon/twisty guys who have run 002's (race or even RS) might be interested in the 003. I'll keep up to date as soon as I get my hands on one of these and run them at the track as this tire is the newest in the MotoGP/Casey Stoner trickle down technology. Another tire I'm itching to try is the new Dunlop D211 Race DOT as it's now available in the 190/55 rear size as opposed to the 190/70 of the 1st generation NTEC 209's. Pretty exciting times for supersticky rubber that are alternatives to the usual Pilot Powers, CT's, or even Power Races.

Back