for those who have been

guess ill have to call and make reservations...see if i can get a cottage or if not..then at least a room...go from there

You'll have a blast there!

One thing though.... If you have never ridden mountainous, curvey, VERY CURVEY roads, take at least a day to familiarize yourself with the situation and go really slow while you do it. Not being preachy but riding up there is way different than what most of us are accustomed to and the consequences of thinking "oh, I got this" can be grave.

Go have fun!

ok i decided to book cottage 202 for thurs 23-sunday 26...leaving sunday. im sure ill see if others in my area want to go and we can figure out a way down...so we can share.

You'll have a blast there!

One thing though.... If you have never ridden mountainous, curvey, VERY CURVEY roads, take at least a day to familiarize yourself with the situation and go really slow while you do it. Not being preachy but riding up there is way different than what most of us are accustomed to and the consequences of thinking "oh, I got this" can be grave.

Go have fun!

Solid advice right there....:thumbsup:

Saw too many ambulance rides by first timers last weekend Lycan

Goes something like this regarding corner speed limit signs in that area:

If it says 40 mph, your good
If it says 30 mph, you might survive at 30 mph
If it says 10 mph, you da** well better go 10mph!:laugh:

And if someone has written "S L O" on the pavement - make that a priority. Another .02

That was EXACTLY what Skydiver told me before my first run on the Cherohala Skyway. That and the fact that I was there in the Spring of 08....I wasn't going to be daring that day.

Back