for those w/ painted or p/coated rearsets?

RACER_X

Registered
how is the finish holding up?

i bought my bike, and it had painted rearsets, after 4-5mos of ownership the rearsets are getting scuffed. and i don't think there's anything you can do to prevent that.

is powder coating gonnahold up any better?

YES... As long as its prepped correctly you'll likely never have a problem. Any reputable powder coater I would guess would prep it correctly.

You could always try clearing coating the paint..

YES... As long as its prepped correctly you'll likely never have a problem. Any reputable powder coater I would guess would prep it correctly.

You could always try clearing coating the paint..

i;m pretty sure these were clear coated, but when there's paint and constant rubbing by hard plastic, the paint is gonna give eventually.

i had a set of P/C throttlemeisters adn they were also worn away where my glove was constantly touching.

6 months with 4500 miles still looks new..
Powder Coating that is...

Pro-bolt adj blocks 005.JPG

Pro-bolt adj blocks 008.JPG

Yes Mike I had the center of it taped off and PCd .
The back of it he left alone so it would still sit flat on the wheel.
He and I were worried about 3mm of PC offsetting the chain.
Small thing but mounted on the bike even looking form other side you see no gold.
However I have heard that they now offer black carriers and I have been
waiting for one for my wheels for like 6 friggin mos already.
These are pics right out of the oven just about and I had not had a chance to detail it yet so you can still see some tape or PC that needed attn.
It was a PITA but the design of the Supersprox was only one that matched the wheels. All the others had circles cut out like Vortex.
Did not think they looked right against the squares formed by the spokes on the wheels .

Thank you for the compliment..

supersproc.jpg

supersproc.jpg2.jpg

Last edited:
That rear sprocket does look really good with the center powder coated. Powder coating is the way to go. It lasts forever and looks good with just a quick wipe down. :thumbsup:

However I have heard that they now offer black carriers and I have been
waiting for one for my wheels for like 6 friggin mos already.

Talked to them a couple weeks ago. Gold or go home.

Went with a brand that is PC'd black from SprocketCenter. Works, but not as cool lookin as the Sprox your sportin.

Last edited:
Back