For those that think we chose the way the forum is running...

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Got a notice today from a member that says that we need to go back to the old forum software... I just wanted to make sure that everyone knows that we did not choose for the forum to run this way and we have been working on it with the developers that wrote the forum for over 3 weeks now. It's just not as simple as "Go back"... We are aware that the new post / mark as read is having some hiccups and we are working on getting it resolved...

I guess I take for granted that I work in IT and this is how software and updates sometimes go...many may not realize that not all changes/problems happening right now are something "we" did...

I know you've been working almost around the clock; let us know what you need us to do to help...I have an uncle that knows a guy that knows a guy that can take out some kneecaps :laugh: :p

I guess I take for granted that I work in IT and this is how software and updates sometimes go...many may not realize that not all changes/problems happening right now are something "we" did...

I know you've been working almost around the clock; let us know what you need us to do to help...I have an uncle that knows a guy that knows a guy that can take out some kneecaps :laugh: :p

Always good to know a good doctor

No problems at all on the forum with my new Windows 8.3 system

i am an IT guy as well. Dunno how i could be of assistance bu the offer is there Cap;l

You ARE making headway Doug. No funky header messages in FF. No formatting issues in IE. Only think i'm seeing still not working is "WHAT'S NEW" in IE...

Thanks for all the work you do!

Best of luck Doug, look what happened to the healthcare roll out and I think they spent $600M for that :laugh:

I know you're working your day job, spending time with the family and trying to patch the oRg.

Look at it this way; these people really want this site :thumbsup:

Best of luck Doug, look what happened to the healthcare roll out and I think they spent $600M for that :laugh:

I know you're working your day job, spending time with the family and trying to patch the oRg.

Look at it this way; these people really want this site :thumbsup:

I could get this place running for half of that!

Software updates and bugs go hand in hand. It will get better with time. I'm just glad that forum runner is working again because the week without the org really sucked. Thanks for all the work you guys do behind the scenes

I second, third, fourth, whatever... what everyone else has already voiced. That being said, I think I've only had one or two problems (unless I'm just new and don't know better) in the last few months when I've come to the oRg multiple times every day. That's a huge success from where I sit. I've had more trouble with Netflix lately than with the oRg and I have to pay for that! ???

Cap, if you get that $600M (or $300M) budget lined up and need to contract some help just shoot me a PM. :;):

IDK? aside from the new posts acting up and threads disappearing from time to time I still cant check my inbox or likes.... everytime I click on my screen name #1busa it takes me to a profile that says 01busa and it has zero posts, messages, or likes?? Is this happening to anybody else? Can Y'all click on your screen names and check pms and stuff??

IDK? aside from the new posts acting up and threads disappearing from time to time I still cant check my inbox or likes.... everytime I click on my screen name #1busa it takes me to a profile that says 01busa and it has zero posts, messages, or likes?? Is this happening to anybody else? Can Y'all click on your screen names and check pms and stuff??

Try it now sir...

I didn't notice anything different on Forum Runner.
That is all I use

I can actually get on my profile page now!!! Thanks Cap :bowdown:. Now who stole my "#" sign?? :laugh: My screen name used to be #1busa but now it says 1busa... oh well not that big of a deal I'm just glad I can actually get to my profile.

You got to fix it ASAP! I just feel I'm not getting my monies worth from this forum! DO3 is entertaining,but hard to reach that entertainment with the state of this forum at the moment! :laugh::poke::laugh:

Over all the forum is getting much better than it was a couple weeks ago, the only issue I am currently having is a search for new post sometimes returns no results. I have found that if go to the activity stream I can see new posts. I glad there some smart people working to get the forum back to good.

Back