? for thos with HIDs

fiend

Formerly fiend44444
Donating Member
Registered
What kind of spacer did you use to get the bulb to stay in place. I read about it in a thread but can not find it anywhere on here. Ive searched for it the last hour to come up with nothing. Thanks ahead of time. I ordered the McCulloch kit on tuesday and its already here :cheerleader::cheerleader: Fast shipping from xenonking!!!! I am pretty much just waiting on this answer so I can put my bike back together!!

you can just get some card board and cut it in a u shape or something thick like a washer just cut it out and you should be good

I used the felt automotive battery terminal thingies, They are green or red and fit over the terminal and below the cable. Anyway that also works.

I didnt use a spacer. I had to bend the metal retainer to make it fit and it worked like a charm. Wish I had a pic for you.

I used a rubber washer I had in the bottom of my tool box. I had the ZP. Also read the threads about low beam switches and TDRs. My low beam failed after a short time, others did the above mentioned mods to save their low beam ballast :thumbsup:

Chair Leg Cushion stacked and cut

Washer_used.jpg

I used big nylon washers (2) from a fasteners shop (Lowe's might do too).

Oh my gosh... Someone hurry and patent a chair cushion as a headlight retainer... We can all split it and make a fortune!

Rod you kill me :poke::rofl::poke::rofl:

I scoured my shop and couldn't find a darn thing...

So I made two washers out of some flat plexiglass...drilled out the hole, took it to the grinder to make it round...

VIOLA!

Kinda the hard way though....:laugh:

Thats what I read but wasnt for sure if that is what it was that I read. Thanks a lot. Where can I get the TDRs at anybody know or have a link?

The relays are all over ebay for about $8. Do a search for DEI528T and you'll find it. I've attached a wiring diagram, and some pics of what I used for my spacer. I just used the base of the stock bulb.

528twiring2.jpg

HID Install 006 2.jpg

HID Install 005 2.jpg

HID Install 016 2.jpg

HID Install 017 2.jpg

Oh, I forgot to mention in that wiring diagram "bike" represents the headlight connector that use to plug into the stock bulb and "bal" is the HID ballast.

Thanks for all the info guys, now another question. What did you use to plug the hole where the stock bulb was? I dont want to get dirt and dust in the headlight housing.

man, H.I.D. seems like big balls what with relays & switches & burnouts, etc. Now i'm a lil hesitant
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks for all the info guys, now another question. What did you use to plug the hole where the stock bulb was? I dont want to get dirt and dust in the headlight housing.

To clarify, I mean the hole in the big rubber grommet that closes off the outside of the headlight housing that you put around the bottom of the stock bulb.

To clarify, I mean the hole in the big rubber grommet that closes off the outside of the headlight housing that you put around the bottom of the stock bulb.

Some people said that thier kit came with a new piece for that. Mine didn't so here's what I did. I used the rubber piece for a sway bar end link and cut it down and sanded it smooth then used some siliconce to make sure it was 100% sealed.

HID Install2 022 2.jpg

HID Install2 023 2.jpg

HID Install2 024 2.jpg

HID Install2 032 2.jpg

HID Install2 027 2.jpg

HID Install2 030 2.jpg

HID Install2 035 2.jpg

HID Install2 037 2.jpg

Back