For the young kids out there....

GsxrBots

Motorboatin' Moonpies, Gangnam Style
Registered
Since I got called OLD in another thread (thanks BlackDiamond) I figured I'd start a thread for us "older" guys.

Do you remember looking at the old gauges of our sportbikes? I remember this one like it was yesterday..
1994 ZX9R
gauge-large.jpg

I remember when I got my TL1000R and the digital gauges were SOOOOOOOOOOOOO cool! LOL

TL1000R_4.jpg

Then there was the new Gsxr1000... DIGITAL SPEEDO!!! WOW! Buck Rogers stuff right there!!! :thumbsup:

GSXR1K_gauges_bg.jpg

Kids these days have no clue how good they've got it....

so you just made me turn on my computer just to "like" that. what you have to understand is i didnt start looking at bikes until 2004-2005 (17 years old) to me that time period was like the muscle car era of sportbikes. everyone was trying to be top dog and bike tech was taking leaps and bounds at a time. i have only owned 3 bikes. 2003 gs500f/07-08 2001 hayabusa (my dream bike)2011-present 2006 gsxr 1000 feb 2013-august 2013. so yes when you guys bring up and buy these old bikes i have never heard of i have to ask about them because i hear comments like "i remember when this bike was the bees knees". but i do stand by my statement of you guys are old because i was 3-4 when the hurricane was out :laugh: by the way the zx9r gauges look pretty sweet

Since I got called OLD in another thread (thanks BlackDiamond) I figured I'd start a thread for us "older" guys.

Do you remember looking at the old gauges of our sportbikes? I remember this one like it was yesterday..
1994 ZX9R
gauge-large.jpg

I remember when I got my TL1000R and the digital gauges were SOOOOOOOOOOOOO cool! LOL

TL1000R_4.jpg

Then there was the new Gsxr1000... DIGITAL SPEEDO!!! WOW! Buck Rogers stuff right there!!! :thumbsup:

GSXR1K_gauges_bg.jpg

Kids these days have no clue how good they've got it....

I remember all 3, and they are 3 of my all time favorite bikes too.
Cool post Bots.

My first sport bike was a 1990 Ninja 600D (much better looking than the R model IMO). It was my 18th birthday present to myself. It was also 12 years old when I bought it. :)

My first sport bike was a 1990 Ninja 600D (much better looking than the R model IMO). It was my 18th birthday present to myself. It was also 12 years old when I bought it. :)

Ha ha. My first new sport bike was a 76 CB550four. With a 4into1 exhaust and carb jetting it was lighter and almost as fast as the old Honda 750 I had. I think they call these "standards" today if anyone bothers talking about them at all.

Only other gauge I've had was on a Harley...definitely NOT very advanced :laugh:

so you just made me turn on my computer just to "like" that. what you have to understand is i didnt start looking at bikes until 2004-2005 (17 years old) to me that time period was like the muscle car era of sportbikes. everyone was trying to be top dog and bike tech was taking leaps and bounds at a time. i have only owned 3 bikes. 2003 gs500f/07-08 2001 hayabusa (my dream bike)2011-present 2006 gsxr 1000 feb 2013-august 2013. so yes when you guys bring up and buy these old bikes i have never heard of i have to ask about them because i hear comments like "i remember when this bike was the bees knees". but i do stand by my statement of you guys are old because i was 3-4 when the hurricane was out :laugh: by the way the zx9r gauges look pretty sweet

I bought my first bike in 1978 and it had a speedo, tach, oil,neutral, and highbeam light :laugh:

I'll see if I have any Polaroids of it :rofl:

This was the dashboard of men.
1986 GSXR1100
Nigel Tufnell could appreciate that the tach doesn't start until 3 and goes almost to 11.

gsxr-dash.jpg

Ha ha. My first new sport bike was a 76 CB550four. With a 4into1 exhaust and carb jetting it was lighter and almost as fast as the old Honda 750 I had. I think they call these "standards" today if anyone bothers talking about them at all.

I had a 75 CB550four. Mine was not the sport model. A friend of mine had the sport model and it would blow mine away. This was in 1990 when I was in high school. We put a lot of mile on the bike and a lot of girls, or chicks I believe was the term back then, on the back.

Back