? For The Stretched Arm Guy's

OK,you see how that shi7 is all chewed up...

zaz.jpg

That adjuster block is designed to have the head of the axle go thru there. The flat stops the fully inserted axle from turning. The hole is close to that flat part that sticks up,that is normal. Somebody has installed the nut end of the axle there by mistake and chewed up the block because the nut is bigger than the axle HEAD. Make sense? The axle head,does not need a washer under it. Push the axle thru the wheel from that side with the jacked up axle block. Now because you are using mis-matched parts,the axle head may not fit flush in there against what is called "the stop". Both head and nut/washer ends MUST sit flush against the blocks,there is no alternative. The axle has a chance to come loose if you dont put it in as I am describing. You may have to alter the blocks [grind some material] or get the proper axle for this set up...assuming that reversing the axle as you had it,does not solve the problem. Also,the block on the other side is either different or its installed the wrong way.If its different,it may be OK as it is providing room for the bigger space needed for the nut and washer. Hope I dont sound like I'm ragging on you,
Rubb.

The two spacers OE have a slight difference in size, right?

Is it that small of a difference, or am I just not very handy with a micrometer?

View attachment 1629886
Didn't fit well, and having a hard time finding spacers. Any ideas who would make them locally? Not a huge city, but I'm resourceful.

What kind of tubing would I use and is it something I could do with a pipe cutter or is that definitely machine shop work to cut so the width is to a "T" ?

OK,you see how that shi7 is all chewed up...

View attachment 1629921

That adjuster block is designed to have the head of the axle go thru there. The flat stops the fully inserted axle from turning. The hole is close to that flat part that sticks up,that is normal. Somebody has installed the nut end of the axle there by mistake and chewed up the block because the nut is bigger than the axle HEAD. Make sense? The axle head,does not need a washer under it. Push the axle thru the wheel from that side with the jacked up axle block. Now because you are using mis-matched parts,the axle head may not fit flush in there against what is called "the stop". Both head and nut/washer ends MUST sit flush against the blocks,there is no alternative. The axle has a chance to come loose if you dont put it in as I am describing. You may have to alter the blocks [grind some material] or get the proper axle for this set up...assuming that reversing the axle as you had it,does not solve the problem. Also,the block on the other side is either different or its installed the wrong way.If its different,it may be OK as it is providing room for the bigger space needed for the nut and washer. Hope I dont sound like I'm ragging on you,
Rubb.
Finally got it fixed. Solo.
20211210_093908.jpg

Back