For the SNL fans

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
I've been watching this show since I was 5 years old...Omar had never seen it until he met me :banghead:

They've had good and bad years, but when you look at the entire body of work and see just how much talent came from that show, it's pretty amazing...

Anyway, just ran across this site by accident, and it seems to have a ton of great links to every character ever played, the hosts, special shows, you name it...looks like I'll be watching and re-watching some of these skits when I can :thumbsup:

Yahoo Screen SNL

And of course I have to post up at least one great vid :rofl:

More Cow Bell

more-cowbell-o.gif

I'd linked to the Ben Affleck skit called Hermes, but changed my mind for fear of captain's mother-in-law :laugh:

If you run across it, watch it :rofl:

VaBusa - I can never find the one with William Shatner doing Ollie North - The Mute Marine. Somebody seems to have made that one disappear permanently along with the Bel Arabs, where the Arabs are shooting at the Jews and strike oil. Too bad, I miss the old Little Rascals in black and white as well . . .

VaBusa - I can never find the one with William Shatner doing Ollie North - The Mute Marine. Somebody seems to have made that one disappear permanently along with the Bel Arabs, where the Arabs are shooting at the Jews and strike oil. Too bad, I miss the old Little Rascals in black and white as well . . .

I'm looking; can't find it either...looks like you'd have to have HULU or some prime subscription to view that season of SNL :banghead:

Yo lika da peppa? Dana Carvey & Adam Sandler Pepper Boy :thumbsup:

Jimmy Fallon/Horatio Sans......Cork Soakers :rofl: one of my favorites - Yahoo Screen

:rofl: Omar saw that one too...he quotes it often...you lika soakin da cork? :rofl: Janet Jackson had a tough time getting through that one...

I love all of the Barry Gibb talk show skits with Fallon and Timberlake too, when Timberlake tries so hard to not lose it, I am in tears...

Watched since the very first show as a kid. The original cast was AMAZING and since then they have had their ups and downs. It is always great to see some of the old ones as an adult so you really get what they were going for in the comedy. The writers were really quite brilliant back then. Currently the funniest skits are few and far between. Have you ever seen the one with Martin Short as the Royal Gynocologist? Lately, however mostly bad and some just make me wonder who in the world thinks this is funny? Thank goodness for DVRs so you can just fly through the bad skits and hopefully find a funny one. Weekend update is almost always good though. I really miss Phil Hartman and that era, so sad we lost him.

Watched since the very first show as a kid. The original cast was AMAZING and since then they have had their ups and downs. It is always great to see some of the old ones as an adult so you really get what they were going for in the comedy. The writers were really quite brilliant back then. Currently the funniest skits are few and far between. Have you ever seen the one with Martin Short as the Royal Gynocologist? Lately, however mostly bad and some just make me wonder who in the world thinks this is funny? Thank goodness for DVRs so you can just fly through the bad skits and hopefully find a funny one. Weekend update is almost always good though. I really miss Phil Hartman and that era, so sad we lost him.

I agree! My parents woke me up to watch it in 1975...what they saw in it that they thought a 5 year old might like, I cannot figure out, however I watched faithfully for most of my life. I'd say I lost track in the mid 2000's, noticed it had gotten boring, just nothing to catch my attention anymore. Just happened to watch it one night when Justin Timberlake was on and he did the now infamous skit "D*ck in a box" and I was hooked again. I was in tears; hadn't seen something that funny in a LONG time. So, I did get back in to it and just when I'd gotten really used to all of the newer SNL players and all of the recurring characters, most of them left the show after last season :( I haven't really watched much yet this season, but on Dec. 21st, Jimmy Fallon and a surprise music guest will be on, and everyone that knows Fallon knows it's Justin Timberlake. Those two play off of one another so well, it's worth watching...personally, I wish they'd just do their own show, all of the time :rofl:

Back