For the first time

BigBadDodge

Registered
Since i've been playing with diesels some 6-7 years, my fuel gelled this morning on the dodge, gut and pressure gauge were telling me to turn around and take her home, like an idiot i didnt so she sat at a gas station all day, ended up giving up this afternoon and had a buddy tow it back to my house, gonna mess with it tomorrow after 4 hours in -2 without the wind not feeling it now.

Apparently didnt have enough additive plus my aftermarket pump hangs off the frame, buddies gelled 2 blocks from me, on the way to get me:whistle: neighbors dmax is sitting it was -13 when i left this morning with a windchill of -36, supposed to be 17 below tonight dunno about the windchill :banghead::banghead:

No not good at all. This morning on my way to Denver was crazy on I-25. there were 3 or 4 cars flipped or on their sides.

Thats not good, my diesel has been sitting out side for two days at my work. At least it is plugged in. I just hope she will get me home. It has a full tank at the moment and I forgot the additive at my last fill up.

That is literally the only downside to a diesel. Hasnt stopped me from loving them one bit though!!! Cant beat diesel.:thumbsup:

Saw a guy driving a new Chevy 3500 yesterday and noticed it didn't have the cooler on the exhaust pipe. When I got up beside him it had Vortech on the hood where it SHOULD say Duramax. What an IDIOT! Who gets a 3500 with a Vortech? Now I could understand a 2500HD with the 8100 engine (except the fact that they discontinued that engine :banghead:). But a 3500?! C'mon man, grow a pair and get the right powertrain!

Once it Gels will it Thaw when it warms up or do you have to do something to it.

Just got my Cummins a couple months ago, So far loving it, 12" of snow and it didnt phase her one bit.

08 Dodge
6.7 Cummins
35" Tires

===================================================================

101_4885.jpg

Where's the snow pics of her Michael? :whistle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once it Gels will it Thaw when it warms up or do you have to do something to it.

Just got my Cummins a couple months ago, So far loving it, 12" of snow and it didnt phase her one bit.

08 Dodge
6.7 Cummins
35" Tires

===================================================================
Yea generally they're good once they thaw, we put power service 911 in the tank and filters since i have an air dog pump, pulled the filters today and they looked better but still gelled in the bottom. Put em in the house to let them warm up, gonna be 35 tomorrow so i'll just try then.
Found some filter heaters but trying to get some feedback on em first before i drop the 130 on em.

We were thinking it was just the aftermarket pumps having issues since the filters are on the frame rather than up under the hood, our buddy with a ford that helped us out last night ran all day idled all the time we were messing with ours, towed my buddies ford home, made it 2 blocks and his gelled on a bone stock truck. Lots of guys out here having issues past few days.

If your diesels give you any warning at all that they are going to gel or it gets cold enough to cause gelling stop at a GAS station and put enough 87 grade gasoline in to make a 10% mix of gas to diesel (1 gal. gas to 10 gal diesel). This will stop the gelling and will not hurt any thing in the fuel system. Have had dozens of customers do this and stop using additives that don't work half the time any way.

Yea i've heard that my problem was when i left the gas station pressure was low (should have gotten it home to get additives into it. But maybe it was pride and thinking it would be alright, when she went she went it was loss of power, rail pressure dropped and she was down

Usually it is good to swap filters when you gel. That and more additive. Been there, done that, not fun at all. A nice cozy building and a ready heater can do the trick to.

Note to self:laugh: yall know where this is heading

1 bottle of diesel 911+ thawed air dog filters filled with regular white bottle power service+ a very aggressively tuned truck thats been sitting for 3 days=

This gravy little mess in my driveway:whistle:, She chugged for a bit before she lit on all 6, for about 5 minutes there it looked like a scene from the volcano movies, really surprised the fire dept didnt roll up.
2-3003.jpg

Tried getting a picture of the yard but wasnt showing up, my pipe dumps about 45* under the truck left about a 15 foot radius of soot in the snow
But she is up and running like a champ again:thumbsup:

Was -13 with a windchill of 36 below, but then it sat at a gas station all day after it had gelled so that didnt help, had it plugged in when we towed it home but it got -12 that night with a high of 3 above yesterday...bad bad times. theres a bottle of 911 under the console now:whistle:

Wow, I am glad it wasnt that cold here. Mine sat out for 3 days in the blizzard and was plugged in. She fired right up but by Edge monitor alarmed at 10volts. She sure gets around good in this crap.

Back