For SixPack.... TLR VS GSXR1K

I would have raced him on his rc anytime anyplace. Course min was just modded a little....just a little. wish i had the pics of my old girl....ex-wife kept my pics and everything...grrrr..i had the 2003 blue and white with white rims....ya know the faster one:)

What you just said is that any modified bike would leave it's stock version for dead!! Isn't that the idea of doing such things???

Nah, he was saying that the RC51 was a better bike than the TL.
I never rode the RC51...but I do remember smokin 2 of them on my 02 Gsxr1000:laugh:

If I am not mistaken the RC51 won the World superbike twice with the Texas Tornado as the pilot( 2000 and 2002?) and the TL won chit!

Suzuki last won in 2005 with troy corser on the 1000 gsxr...

BB

I think this argument isn't worth having.. Why do you ride a Suzuki if you aren't a fan of the brand?

There are reasons to buy a bike not based on it being the baddest thing on the street ya know. I know that point is stupid to make on a Busa site, but mine has hard bags and has never seen redline so what do I know.

I didnt say I dont like suzuki. all I said was I had a Honda RC and swapped with a friend to ride the TL and it was a dog compared to the Honda.

I own a Busa not a Honda and the discussion was about the TL . The only bike I ever lost money on was the RC 51, and I stole it to begin with.

And I do believe that Suzuki is putting in the least money into R & D of the big four and it shows in their line up.

BUSAbim

It was a comment on twins and the RC was a better bike for what it was designed to do, which was to win races....

The more important point you neglected to copy is that Suzuki is not spending enough money to stay competitive and I am sure they are in trouble...

BB

It was a comment on twins and the RC was a better bike for what it was designed to do, which was to win races....

The more important point you neglected to copy is that Suzuki is not spending enough money to stay competitive and I am sure they are in trouble...

BB

That's because that wasn't there when I quoted it..

The RC wasn't a better bike, that's why the SP2 came out. Suzuki didn't want to waste it's money on the original TLR so it went back to it's inline 4 which became dominant thereafter.

No doubt Suzuki isn't spending the money. It's also evident they don't have it. The Tsunami hit them hard. Honda has more money than God. Have since the 80's...

Not wishing to argue further, but Honda won the world title with both generations of the RC51. The Suzuki was never competitive at the race level with the TL platform.

These are definitely tough times for Suzuki and even a small company like Kawy ( bike division) is staying more current than Suzuki.

BB

Not entirely fair since Suzuki never entered the TLR in World Superbike. At least not that I'm aware.

Why don't you just take in the beauty of these TL pics and enjoy it.... It's one of (if not the) sexiest bikes ever made.. RC's were better tack performers, but that's it... TL's are much more rare and hard to come by, and turn WAY more heads than an RC

Here's a pic of the two most beautiful and under-appreciated motorcycles that ever graced the pavement. Yes, Suzuki could have made them perform better, but ya know what, if they ran as flawlessly as a Honda, I wouldn't have been interested anyway. I've never bought a bike based on some professional's riding ability nor will I ever. If that were the case, I'd be a NASCAR fan and only drink Coke because I hate Jeff Gordon..

sigpic35939_2.gif

I love the side but dont dig the front of the TL, I think the 51 front is cleaner...

If you really like the twin , buy the Ducati

the bike all the Japanese tried to copy....

51open2.jpg

BB

I think this argument isn't worth having.. Why do you ride a Suzuki if you aren't a fan of the brand?

Honestly this argument isn't worth having. This is a great thread with a chit ton of great pics and likes so why have a pointless debate and muck it up only cause somebody is bored and wants some attention??

Nobody ever said the TLR was the fastest or even that it was the best bike of its time.... No this was a thread that somehow turned in2 a fan page for the TLR :thumbsup: Guys got on here and posted up pics of their old bikes and shared stories about how much they miss or want them back.

The bike wasn't the greatest but it was a cool memorable bike that obviously A LOT of people still appreciate. To compare it to an RC51 is like comparing apples and oranges. They were both great bikes in their day 4 different reasons. I myself love both of them and wouldn't mind having them side by side in my garage 1 day.

You wanna debate this n that create your own thread and post up pics of a 51 and i'll be sure to like and comment on them too. You want to continue your tirade about how suzuki isn't doing this or spending that like you've done on a dozen other threads post up a thread...

On this thread nobody cares, all we wanna see is more pics and Positive comments about 1 of the greatest looking/sounding sportbikes ever made :whistle:

Honestly this argument isn't worth having. This is a great thread with a chit ton of great pics and likes so why have a pointless debate and muck it up only cause somebody is bored and wants some attention??

Nobody ever said the TLR was the fastest or even that it was the best bike of its time.... No this was a thread that somehow turned in2 a fan page for the TLR :thumbsup: Guys got on here and posted up pics of their old bikes and shared stories about how much they miss or want them back.

The bike wasn't the greatest but it was a cool memorable bike that obviously A LOT of people still appreciate. To compare it to an RC51 is like comparing apples and oranges. They were both great bikes in their day 4 different reasons. I myself love both of them and wouldn't mind having them side by side in my garage 1 day.

You wanna debate this n that create your own thread and post up pics of a 51 and i'll be sure to like and comment on them too. You want to continue your tirade about how suzuki isn't doing this or spending that like you've done on a dozen other threads post up a thread...

On this thread nobody cares, all we wanna see is more pics and Positive comments about 1 of the greatest looking/sounding sportbikes ever made :whistle:

:cheerleader: :cheerleader:

The front end was one of the things I loved most about the TLR
Photo1.jpg

100_4930-1.jpg

It handled ok in stock form as well :)
100_5128.jpg

Just a few of my other favs :)
100_5117.jpg

100_5113.jpg

Back