For SixPack.... TLR VS GSXR1K

Here's some of the basic info Suzuki TL1000R - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bots is right the though... the #1 problem associated with the TLR is the same issue the RC51's had, extreme heat!! Stuck in traffic on a hot summers day it can get pretty uncomfortable. But as with problems come solutions.... there's mods 2 wire up spaal fans etc. 2 counter the issue but honestly a little sweat is worth riding a bike like that :thumbsup:

Oh I remember the heat! First time I rode one was the late nineties, a friend of a friend showed up with one on a ride.
I was asking him questions and he said, "Wanna trade for the day?" Yes, yes I do!
He rode my 94 ZX7 and I rode that TL for about 6 hours. I fell in love with it immediately.
I later found out after he sold it that he would've traded me straight up! And I would have!
I rode another a few times over the years too.
There's a decent looking yellow one w 20k miles in NC on ebay for $2950, must sell, been on there for a while too and price has come way down.
I'm tempted, but yellow attracts attention. I don't like attention. I want to be the blue/white or black bike that blends in, and isn't loud enough to hear which way you went.
I'm pretty well behaved any more, but I've been known to pull a wheelie here or there, and not want to put it back down.
I tend to do these things out in the cut away from everyone, but once in a while I forget where I am.
I like to be hard to remember if you know what I mean.
Gsxr's run much cooler, make much less noise, and weigh a lot less, it's a no brainer. But after all these years I just can't shake the TL bug!
Strange as it may sound too, I really like the windshield bracket/bars that go over the triple clamps. That's classic 90's sportbike!

I also have a thing for Suzuki LT500 Quadracers, quadzilla.
Never had one, only been wanting one since I first sat on a new one when I was 11(pushin 37 now):laugh:
This black/cf one is back on ebay again and won't stop calling my name(I added a stock pic too). I gotta get 2 wheels again first though.
Of all the machines out there, this and the TL keep me up nights thinking, go figure.

$_57.jpg

$(KGrHqMOKpgE1q5!EFTFBNlPvMwOHw~~_12.jpg

Hey Six if your the type to buy ride and sell on the regular then I can understand why you would favor a 1k. Yes they are lighter yes they are faster but my thing is there is Always gonna be another 1k.... They don't make TLR's anymore :rulez: you get a hold of a bike like that you have a piece of history. A classic bike that will turn heads with that V-twin growl today the same way it did 15 years ago! For me that's why there's no debate between the 2. I'll take a V-twin Torque Monster any day of the week and if I feel the need 4 something light n fast I can always find another 1k on CL seeing how they are a dime a dozen :whistle:

I don't ride and sell often.
Last bike was the B-King, which I really liked. I had it just over a year as someone wanted it more than I did.
All others I've had usually last 3 to 5 years.
Next thing I buy I plan to keep for as long or longer.

Here's some of the basic info Suzuki TL1000R - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bots is right the though... the #1 problem associated with the TLR is the same issue the RC51's had, extreme heat!! Stuck in traffic on a hot summers day it can get pretty uncomfortable. But as with problems come solutions.... there's mods 2 wire up spaal fans etc. 2 counter the issue but honestly a little sweat is worth riding a bike like that :thumbsup:

This link lists all the colors the TL came new in.
It says black, I've never seen a black one that wasn't aftermarket paint.
Typo? Anyone have pics of a stock black? Or is the black the TLS and not the TLR?

Agreed :thumbsup: that's a damn good looking TLR. The only thing I'd change is some CF cans cause the aluminum doesn't mesh and I'd get rid of those punisher logos..... why? why? :laugh:

This link lists all the colors the TL came new in.
It says black, I've never seen a black one that wasn't aftermarket paint.
Typo? Anyone have pics of a stock black? Or is the black the TLS and not the TLR?

I believe there was a black/grey. UBER rare. Not even sure we got it in the states. Otherwise, they were all blue/white or yellow/silver..

The TLS came in a variety of colors, my favorite was the forest green.. :drool:
tl-left.jpg

Yeah can't say I've ever seen a Black TLR before, well I have but it was a custom paint job not OEM. Pretty sure I've seen a black TLS for sale a time or 2 on CL when I was looking 4 it's bigger brother

i dont think those made it to te states unless someone ordered that...i could be wrong though...i have never seen on in real life

These are the uber rare black/grey TLR's...

Suzuki_TL1000R_black.jpg

Ok, none of these half azz details Bots.
I need year and country on that color...please sir:laugh:
I have never seen that before, looks kinda like the 01 Gsxr1000 color scheme. 01 TL?

It's a 1999 model. I'm getting closer, but most pics I've found are European.

Thanks for the pics Bots!
You forgot this one you posted several months ago(one of the best looking I've seen)!

My friend has a black 05 gsxr1000 like the one you had(the one I said I can get for $3500), he's one of 4 friends that have/had the 05/06. I really miss riding such a quick and lightweight bike. I even considered getting another 01/02 gsxr1000 like I had.
I also like the 09/11 gsxr1000, 2 friends have them, and one with bike bars, and it's by far one of the most fun bikes I've ridden in years. I just don't want to spend quite that much.
On the other hand I've always wanted a TL after riding them many years ago.
Anyone know what they weigh? Do they have any common problems?

i want another 01 1000 as well man my baby was LOVE @ first twist

Back