For Sale Section

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
I locked the forum today for the For Sale post. If you have something in the for sale forms then you can finish your business there. All future sales must go through the auction site. Any threads that are started on the message board will be deleted.

Please help me help you........

CAp

hay cap
made my first sale through the auction site.
super.gif

Ok i might sound like an idot(ok i am )

I am so used to gettin on here to buy things from members. I think that it should be left open cause for some of us it is easier to look through here than on that site.

Dont get me wrong but the site is a great idea but where is the fee's going. Back to run the site???

guess it is hard for change.

(mrninja9 @ Oct. 08 2006,15:52) Ok i might sound like an idot(ok i am )  

I am so used to gettin on here to buy things from members.  I think that it should be left open  cause for some of us it is easier to look through here than on that site.

Dont get me wrong but the site is a great idea but where is the fee's going.  Back to run the site???  

guess it is hard for change.
I paid over 400 this month out of my pocket for hosting AGAIN.....

I put 800 out of my pocket to buy shirts because there were a lot of people that wanted shirts..... Did I mention that we didnt get half the number of orders vs the people that said they wanted a shirt.......

I dont have a busa anymore, I just cannot financially continue to pay for this site out of my pocket......

A lot of sponsors won't stick around here because no one will buy their product, can you blame them? Everyone loves the site and very few want to put back into it to keep it running or make it better.... A choice you say, I have tried that for a long time and its not getting me anywhere but more money out of my wallet...... SH.org Dennis runs a shop and he makes customers there everyday, he has a business need to keep SH.org up and running... Psychobike.com Frank sells turbo and swingarms and he has a vested interest to pay to keep his site up.... Me, I dont have squat..... I sell a few shirts here and there, but at the end of the day I pay for a site so that all of you can have a place to go..... If I didnt pay a little over 600 a month for hosting, I could have a busa too.... See any irony there? I put the auction site up a week ago and maybe 5 auctions have started since then, how many in the for sale thread on the board..... I have to come up with a way to bring in money so that this site stays open....... I cannot continue to subsadise everyone here.

Doug

That sounds like a good plan to me . Like he said change just takes a little time to get used to. I still say we should have a fee for people that want to post . even $20 an year would be easy enough . Hell anyone with a bike can afford that . Just keep it free for reading and visits. And How about we start a thread " Captain needs a ride" ?
beerchug.gif
It worked for whats his face!

(captain @ Oct. 08 2006,16:02) I paid over 400 this month out of my pocket for hosting AGAIN.....
Cap, that's not right. Come on, members. Anybody posting regularly can afford 5 or 10 bucks a month....heck that's a couple of fast food meals or whatever. This site is great for all involved but Cap should not have out of pocket expenses for keeping it going.

I think it is a great idea and I hope it alleviates all of the financial burden of the site.
E

(mrninja9 @ Oct. 08 2006,16:08) I ok  can you charge a fee on this site.
Membership fees always come up... A lot of the members cannot afford a membership fee. This site will not be a pay for view service, there are too many other alternative funding solutions, I actually thought the auction site would roll well with the members. If sorted out the folks that just wanted to use the site vs the folks that participate here... Participating on the board should be free, no hidden forums, the entire site open to everyone. My belief was that I could bring in a little money using the auction site and it wasnt asking everyone for money, just those that were going to make a buck or two... If somone wanted to buy something they could post it in the wanted section.....

I just dont get it......

(Red05 @ Oct. 08 2006,17:10)
(captain @ Oct. 08 2006,16:02) I paid over 400 this month out of my pocket for hosting AGAIN.....
Cap, that's not right. Come on, members. Anybody posting regularly can afford 5 or 10 bucks a month....heck that's a couple of fast food meals or whatever. This site is great for all involved but Cap should not have out of pocket expenses for keeping it going.
As soon as payapl gets my access back on line I'll donate.

CAp I thought we were doing an auto bill system
rock.gif

Not that you arent already busy.
cool.gif

Oh and good on you for locking the sales section, maybe you can direct that link to the new site and offer the current sales a discounted rate to move in the auction site.

Just a thought.

(heavybusa @ Oct. 08 2006,16
super.gif
)

rock.gif

cool.gif
i thought we were looking at an auto donate system also...a couple $ more on my cc each month would be well worth it to maintain a site like this...i never thought i would make as many friends as i have or learn as much as i have on an internet site...this place and you guys rock
bowdown.gif

p.s. i like the auction site and the theory behind it-<table style=filter:glow(color=red)>keep the site open</table>

(heavybusa @ Oct. 08 2006,16:29)

rock.gif

cool.gif
OK so here was the vision almost 7 years ago....

1. Put a place together where folks can share ideas and thoughts, stories, tips and tricks at .... No cost, I have been hoping that corporate sponsorship would cover everything but it just hasnt happenned... What I charge for banners is actually pretty low when you consider the return, however the members from the site usually buy from someone they know and are willing to pay a little extra for it..

The success story of the site is that this place has grown to be a pretty good size community, how many other sites have 3 or 4 self maintained get togethers a year? However the size of the site is what uses more resources which cost more money...... If the ratio of donations or shirt purchases or whatever the revenue doesnt increase with the growth of the site then its just a matter of business financial 101... (unless someone is willing to subsadise the cost)

I know the shirts are old and everyone wants new styles, I know that folks want faster responses from the board and they want a place to sell for free. Im working on all of these things as fast as I can, I have the help of an awesome support team, most of the time they do the work and I get to sit back.... The mods here are the best and volunteer a lot of time to keep this place running.... But there is just soooo much to do, I was hoping the auction site would be a good place for everyone... I never expected that folks would not like it...

I hate the re occurring donation thing... I tinkered with the idea but it really goes against what I wanted...

CAp

understood, my thinking is that the poeple who resist the auction site are also people who do not regularly donate. So either way they are not helping the cause.

Maybe the donating status should change if you make regular donations.

The thing for me is remembering to do it and getting my paypal straight.

I know I dont understand the cost involved in this or any site. But I do understand business 101.

I know you don't really want a donation site , but when things get bigger and bigger it takes alot as you stated. I like the action site and hope it goes well . I still don't have a problem doing a donation and it seems you don't ethier ($400-600 a month !!) . Thats a ridiculas amount for you to have to pay when we seem to be a family and want to help out. Are the raffles doing okay ? I hope so , I get a ticket for everyone you do ( unless it sells before I see it). I just want to help make sure that MY hobby stays alive!!
bowdown.gif

(captain @ Oct. 08 2006,18:46) ...

I hate the re occurring donation thing... I tinkered with the idea but it really goes against what I wanted...

CAp
Goes against what you wanted?  No offense Doug, but with 17k plus members, I think what "you wanted" should go out the window.  It's time for you to let us step up and subscribe to a recurring donation.  No disrespect intended Cap, just my .02

Back