For Sale Section

(Black Bird Killer @ Oct. 08 2006,19:36)
(captain @ Oct. 08 2006,18:46) ...

I hate the re occurring donation thing... I tinkered with the idea but it really goes against what I wanted...

CAp
Goes against what you wanted?  No offense Doug, but with 17k plus members, I think what "you wanted" should go out the window.  It's time for you to let us step up and subscribe to a recurring donation.  No disrespect intended Cap, just my .02
I just haven't given up hope that there are a few sponsors out there looking for a place to call home....

CAp

Cap: I've sold several sets of fairing screens here and I am long overdue for a donation to the site. I would like to send you a check though. Please PM me with an address and a name to make the check out to.

Keep the faith!

Tom.

(captain @ Oct. 08 2006,17:39)

I hate the re occurring donation thing... I tinkered with the idea but it really goes against what I wanted...

CAp
Goes against what you wanted?  No offense Doug, but with 17k plus members, I think what "you wanted" should go out the window.  It's time for you to let us step up and subscribe to a recurring donation.  No disrespect intended Cap, just my .02
I just haven't given up hope that there are a few sponsors out there looking for a place to call home....

CAp
Captain,

I am very good at the sponsorship and marketing stuff. I can get you guys sponsors very easy, this is a clean cut forum, no BS and getting sponsors should be very easy. You have the right market. Let's talk and I am sure I can help you in the revenue stream.

I like this site and the people here. I will even give you www.newbusa.com which we will help develop and link to this forum. The www.newbusa.com should help generate sponsors as many of the advertisers don't see the plus in spending on the current Busa because its already an aftermarket craze bike. The new Busa will have another calling. Let me know. I can certainly help.

(Ken02busa @ Oct. 08 2006,20:39) This may be a browser problem, but where is the auction url?
There is a link at the top marked buy.

Here is a

Cap, I think the Auction is a great idea. I am sure that the regulars here can help put their heads together and come up with some ideas to get revenue and sponsors coming in. I think the auction could go places. My investment partners brothers make thousands a day off google ads and pay per clicks. I am sure I can do some research and find a way to drive leads to the auction and possibly sponsors. We have alot of regular people we refer in the threads too. With GPW's site I am sure we can find a way to link and drive biz our way. Let me work on some ideas and get back to you. I had no idea that the site was costing you that much... That is not right.

I think that if the members will just try something new they will see something good from the auction site. It will be a win win, the fees are fair and it will do just like the board and grow itself.

(captain @ Oct. 08 2006,22:48) I think that if the members will just try something new they will see something good from the auction site. It will be a win win, the fees are fair and it will do just like the board and grow itself.
Didn't the majority of us regulars agree that it was a good idea when you proposed it some time ago? Still think its good idea, so good lookin out Cap

ok, cool, found it thanks for the link.

I cant see buying a lot there, anything I saw had 23 days to go?

Shame about the money problem Cap't. It sucks that all the providers have to rape the cool sites. Hope you get it figured out.

I am shy about donating, sorry about being honest. I paid to 6 sites in the last year, 2 closed, 1 sold, 1 now figures that he needs to charge monthly now, and the other 2 are in 'inner political struggle.' I dont mind paying for a great site, but they were all great sites. (4 of 6 were snowmobile sites)
I liked when the internet was free, I roll with the flow as much as I can, but wow does it ever end? For any of us?

(captain @ Oct. 08 2006,15:46)
(heavybusa @ Oct. 08 2006,16
super.gif
)
(Red05 @ Oct. 08 2006,17:10)
(captain @ Oct. 08 2006,16:02) I paid over 400 this month out of my pocket for hosting AGAIN.....
Cap, that's not right. Come on, members. Anybody posting regularly can afford 5 or 10 bucks a month....heck that's a couple of fast food meals or whatever. This site is great for all involved but Cap should not have out of pocket expenses for keeping it going.
As soon as payapl gets my access back on line I'll donate.

CAp I thought we were doing an auto bill system
rock.gif

Not that you arent already busy.  
cool.gif
OK so here was the vision almost 7 years ago....

1. Put a place together where folks can share ideas and thoughts, stories, tips and tricks at .... No cost,  I have been hoping that corporate sponsorship would cover everything but it just hasnt happenned... What I charge for banners is actually pretty low when you consider the return, however the members from the site usually buy from someone they know and are willing to pay a little extra for it..  

The success story of the site is that this place has grown to be a pretty good size community, how many other sites have 3 or 4 self maintained get togethers a year? However the size of the site is what uses more resources which cost more money...... If the ratio of donations or shirt purchases or whatever the revenue doesnt increase with the growth of the site then its just a matter of business financial 101... (unless someone is willing to subsadise the cost)

I know the shirts are old and everyone wants new styles, I know that folks want faster responses from the board and they want a place to sell for free. Im working on all of these things as fast as I can, I have the help of an awesome support team, most of the time they do the work and I get to sit back.... The mods here are the best and volunteer a lot of time to keep this place running.... But there is just soooo much to do, I was hoping the auction site would be a good place for everyone...  I never expected that folks would not like it...

CAp
Ok then put the donation tab back up,, and and sit back and relax!!!
poke.gif

(Ken02busa @ Oct. 08 2006,21:55) ok, cool, found it thanks for the link.

I cant see buying a lot there, anything I saw had 23 days to go?

Shame about the money problem Cap't.  It sucks that all the providers have to rape the cool sites. Hope you get it figured out.

I am shy about donating, sorry about being honest. I paid to 6 sites in the last year, 2 closed, 1 sold, 1 now figures that he needs to charge monthly now, and the other 2 are in 'inner political struggle.'  I dont mind paying for a great site, but they were all great sites. (4 of 6 were snowmobile sites)
I liked when the internet was free, I roll with the flow as much as I can, but wow does it ever end? For any of us?
We've been here for almost 7 years and we arent going anywhere, the question at hand is how will we progress......

Just so you know the Internet has never been free.... Someone somewhere paid something to keep the sites you visited online.

Most of the things on the auction site are mine, I put them up to show the members what was possible when trying to sell items, the seller has the option on how long something is sold, if you dont want to buy anything then go sell something.

CAp

(GIXERHP @ Oct. 08 2006,21:57) Ok then put the donation tab back up,, and and sit back and relax!!!
poke.gif
Here is a link to the donation page.

Every bit helps! For those of you that want to donate, go ahead. Even $5.00 will help. For those that have sold something recently, think about donating 3-5% of the sale. $3.00 on a $100 item.... such a deal!

The Cap would rather have the board pay for itself through other means. Sometimes there are going to be dry spells. He sacrifices much more than what people realize.

I’ll start the ball rolling….. Donation on the way from me…..

Here are some ideas to help.
1. Go with the auto payment set up, forget about it bothering you Cap. Its not right you are putting your money into this site for us. Most if not all people have sites like this to make money just as you stated above. Do it and see how it goes. Some will go for it and that will help you run this place.
2. Can you go with more Raffles? I know I jumped on one a month or so ago for the front wheel chock thingy. They sold out quickly! Why not do another for that and for other items? One or two a week for differnet items?
3. Have people come up with new shirt designs and try that.
4. Someone had started a thread for gloves with Hayabusa logo and was going to do that. Can you do something similar to that?
5. Keychains with Hayabusa or logo on it?
6. Force everyone to the auction site. Not either way. Make a push for it so it gets off the ground. Right now it is slow starting because not enough there to make people look around more. That will come in time.
7. Alot of guys are looking for patches I think also?
8. Any decals?
9. You have a huge group of people in sorts of jobs that could benefit this site one way or another. Its just a matter of finding out how and who?
10. I would bet most guys do not know how much it would help you or us for them to use sponsors of this site? I think they figure it doesn't matter to them.
11. I see ALOT of new guys on here(not that I am an old timer myself). Maybe send them a PM welcome email(form letter) letting them know how important sponsors are to all of us, how to search, upload pics, post nicely, members fees(if they choose) once they realize the huge amount of knowledge and help that is available here for free that saves them money, sell items on the auctions site, sell for a business only after a track record is established and they have spoken to you etc.., just all of the basics.

This is all helpful stuff, maybe some of it is stupid or old ideas. But I am just trying to help. You shouldn't have to put your hard earned money into this for us each month. That has to change!! Thank you for everything for all of us!!

You know what I mean when I say 'free'. Anyone used to be able to go to any site and get information, etc. Then, providers get greedy, and it all about money.
I have paid for internet monthly like everyone else, for many years. I bought 2 different satellite systems for downloading, and have spent thousands myself, just to get on.
The guys that now pay for the internet use it for advertising, to sell product. It is getting ridiculous, for everyone. You for having to pay 600 per month for it, thousands of members having to pay for every web site we use.
For you, is this a hobby, a retirement plan, a monthly paycheck, a tax write off, your idea of helping society, all or some of the above?
I love the site, and hope it stays. I will try to find a more viable provider for you as well.

(extreemachine @ Oct. 08 2006,22:09) Here are some ideas to help.
1. Go with the auto payment set up, forget about it bothering you Cap. Its not right you are putting your money into this site for us. Most if not all people have sites like this to make money just as you stated above. Do it and see how it goes. Some will go for it and that will help you run this place.
2. Can you go with more Raffles? I know I jumped on one a month or so ago for the front wheel chock thingy. They sold out quickly! Why not do another for that and for other items? One or two a week for differnet items?
3.  Have people come up with new shirt designs and try that.
4.  Someone had started a thread for gloves with Hayabusa logo and was going to do that. Can you do something similar to that?
5. Keychains with Hayabusa or logo on it?
6. Force everyone to the auction site. Not either way. Make a push for it so it gets off the ground. Right now it is slow starting because not enough there to make people look around more. That will come in time.
7.  Alot of guys are looking for patches I think also?
8.  Any decals?
9.  You have a huge group of people in sorts of jobs that could benefit this site one way or another. Its just a matter of finding out how and who?
10. I would bet most guys do not know how much it would help you or us for them to use sponsors of this site? I think they figure it doesn't matter to them.
11. I see ALOT of new guys on here(not that I am an old timer myself). Maybe send them a PM welcome email(form letter) letting them know how important sponsors are to all of us, how to search, upload pics, post nicely, members fees(if they choose) once they realize the huge amount of knowledge and help that is available here for free that saves them money, sell items on the auctions site, sell for a business only after a track record is established and they have spoken to you etc.., just all of the basics.

This is all helpful stuff, maybe some of it is stupid or old ideas. But I am just trying to help. You shouldn't have to put your hard earned money into this for us each month. That has to change!! Thank you for everything for all of us!!
I like the idea of more raffles and #3, have a contest. the phoshop gods on this website could come up with some killer stuff I am sure.

For you, is this a hobby, a retirement plan, a monthly paycheck, a tax write off, your idea of helping society, all or some of the above?
[/Quote]

It started out as a way to meet folks that had the same bike... in 99 - 2000 there wasnt a whole lot of us.... I sold my bike to build my house and over the past several years the site has just grown out of this world. About the time I am ready to pull the plug something happens and I am reminded about how many people use this site to communicate and how many are connected to others because of it. Going to the bash in Eureka Springs was good for me because I had only met a handful of folks from the site, mostly locals.... This place is more than me, its has become a place where you can get info, vent, look for advice and ask for help.... I have seen a group of people come together to help a cause, a members baby, a member that went down, members that have left this world, members that just needed a hand... I am amazed everytime I see this, there is hope in our screwed up world and I see good here every day... I dont want to be the guy that stopped all that... You never know this may be the only outlet for some of our members and it might just be the only family they have ever had.....

So for me this place is definatlely not a retirement, not even a boost in the paycheck, but maybe my ministry to this world.....

Cap

CAp

(captain @ Oct. 08 2006,22:23) For you, is this a hobby, a retirement plan, a monthly paycheck, a tax write off, your idea of helping society, all or some of the above?

It started out as a way to meet folks that had the same bike... in 99 - 2000 there wasnt a whole lot of us.... I sold my bike to build my house and over the past several years the site has just grown out of this world. About the time I am ready to pull the plug something happens and I am reminded about how many people use this site to communicate and how many are connected to others because of it. Going to the bash in Eureka Springs was good for me because I had only met a handful of folks from the site, mostly locals.... This place is more than me, its has become a place where you can get info, vent, look for advice and ask for help.... I have seen a group of people come together to help a cause, a members baby, a member that went down, members that have left this world, members that just needed a hand... I am amazed everytime I see this, there is hope in our screwed up world and I see good here every day... I dont want to be the guy that stopped all that... You never know this may be the only outlet for some of our members and it might just be the only family they have ever had.....

So for me this place is definatlely not a retirement, not even a boost in the paycheck, but maybe my ministry to this world.....

Cap

CAp[/Quote]
Well put Cap, It was so nice to meet fellow members at Eureka Springs and was glad to get a chance to meet you. I think change is hard for some people. I am sure that everyone will get use to the auction site. I am sure It is safe to say we all appreciate your efforts and this is simply the best site.

I'm all for the auction site and I see the potential in it as being very high.

I just don't have anything to sell right now or I'd have it up!

--Wag--

(GPW @ Oct. 09 2006,01:22)
(captain @ Oct. 08 2006,17:39)

CAp

CAp
Captain,

I am very good at the sponsorship and marketing stuff.  I can get you guys sponsors very easy, this is a clean cut forum, no BS and getting sponsors should be very easy. You have the right market. Let's talk and I am sure I can help you in the revenue stream.

I like this site and the people here. I will even give you www.newbusa.com which we will help develop and link to this forum. The www.newbusa.com should help generate sponsors as many of the advertisers don't see the plus in spending on the current Busa because its already an aftermarket craze bike. The new Busa will have another calling. Let me know. I can certainly help.
Kudos to you Greg! Thanks!

Tom.

CAp, I'd love to see you partner with Greg (GPW) on that idea.

He has a great business sense and the two of you could be dangerous.

I have a closet ready to descend upon the auction site as soon as
guns.gif
PayPal gets their shib together.

Back