? for other military about April 8th

Sous

Donating Member
Registered
So, my Commander just briefed us that regardless of the budget being passed or not by April 8, we will maintain our mission. I had thought they would go to minimum manning or rotating shifts, but that does not appear to be the case.

I would like to hear how other organizations throughout the military are handling this potential loss of payment for service members.

Thankfully, my wife and I have savings that will carry us if required so that we may pay our mortgage and buy groceries. Although, I know there are many people in the military that live check to check and DOD employees as well.

This could impact millions of people to include federal employees, military, retirees and thousands of programs out there that are supported by federal funding.

I agree that cuts need to be made, but this is not the way to go about it.

I'am not sure what your saying ? If you think the Military will not get their checks, your incorrect. I went through this same budget thing 4 times and the only thing cut or put off was new equipment deliveries and non MOS schooling. You don't need to be concern about getting paid.

Of course the Congress didn't pass a budget in 1886 or 1887 and for TWO years no one got paid in the Military. But that was then and Now is NOW :thumbsup:

I hear ya, but this time seems to be different. I am at 16.5 years in the military and have seen this sort of thing before. Although, both the Dems and the Reps seem to be sticking to their guns on the issue of budget cuts. I agree that there needs to be budget cuts, but this is not the way to do it.

I guess it is hard for me to get my concerns across in writing, but I feel that my unit is projecting a worse case scenario. That way if it does happen then they will be prepared, but if it is better than what they brief then it will be easier than anticipated.

I am just venting a bit and am pretty confident that we will get paid, but what if the $h!t does hit the fan and they do not pay us. There are a lot of young troops out there that do not have the savings to feed their families. What about the guys/gals deployed, what are their spouses to do?

Just venting and hoping that our government gets it together and sorts things out for us as that is their job. If I am expected to hold true to the contracts I have made, they should as well.

/soapbox

Your pay will continue. It's the DA civilians that will be impacted if the budget is not passed.

Yeah believe me if they cut the pay for the troops, you will see a huge slow down in progress over here lol. But that wouldnt happen. Civilians first, schools that arent funded by the unit itself, supplies like new vehicles. Those are the things that hit first. Bonuses are usually next, if not gone allready, which most of them are.

I am sure your unit is just preparing for the worst however they should not tell you that you could lose your pay alltogether cause that would or could cause anarchy. A smart commander would have found a way to word it differently so you just didnt spend so much and maybe hold some finacial classes about saving.

no pay, i'm staying in bed.

same here lol, but i had my buddy which works with the money, can't remember the exact mos, but he basically said our pay is made in advance. the money for everything else will be cut in example....parts for my broke weapons i'll never get:banghead:

Ever since 9-11 there has always been some bill or something saying we wont get paid! ALWAYS!! Like others have said before they will cut other things before our pay. I went through a briefing on this as I am a army recruiter and we had to be able to field questions about this to our future soldiers. No need to worry, but just think about IF they were to do that.....our nations national security would be at a huge risk, not to mention our endeavors abroad! Everyone thinks that folk in the military are rich....far from it I tell them! If they only knew, but I love serving my country and grateful to have the opportunity to do so!

My unit told me we are coming to work whether we get paid or not... Id like to see them try that one.

No pay = No worky. You can treat me like s**t and get away with it but if you dont pay me you are breaking contract terms now...

no pay, i'm staying in bed.

My unit told me we are coming to work whether we get paid or not... Id like to see them try that one.

No pay = No worky. You can treat me like s**t and get away with it but if you dont pay me you are breaking contract terms now...

I'd like to see you two not show up for work. NO PAY NO WORK attitude equals AWOL and jail time but do what you're ranks can handle. I'll contact your SGMs to get your inmate # and cell block info to send post cards to you in Ft. Leavenworth.

Ever since 9-11 there has always been some bill or something saying we wont get paid! ALWAYS!! Like others have said before they will cut other things before our pay. I went through a briefing on this as I am a army recruiter and we had to be able to field questions about this to our future soldiers. No need to worry, but just think about IF they were to do that.....our nations national security would be at a huge risk, not to mention our endeavors abroad! Everyone thinks that folk in the military are rich....far from it I tell them! If they only knew, but I love serving my country and grateful to have the opportunity to do so!
Thank you for your input, it appears the only one of sense so far. We're gonna get paid. I have 18.5yrs in service and belong to a unit that has a no fail mission so i'll be time on target plus or minus 30 seconds pay or no pay!

Back