For My Northern Friends

SSGT_B

Registered
It is freezing here. So what do I do? Sit in front of my foot heater ;)

4538C26A-3BFE-45FE-AEB2-E6340975C279.jpeg

I think u meant to say "hope that sock catches fire" :lol: :poke: I can't bre mad @SSGT_B I know he's dealt with this cold and snow so he gets a pass on this one:laugh::laugh:
Yep, he's been there and got that tee shirt...

I personally like the cold and snow...just as long as it isn't like what Newfoundland got that is....

Sad part is, I’ve dealt with y’all a level of cold and actually prefer colder weather to warm, the cold here is damp and heavy with humidity. Basically like a wet snow....lol I’ll take a dry cold all day

Sad part is, I’ve dealt with y’all a level of cold and actually prefer colder weather to warm, the cold here is damp and heavy with humidity. Basically like a wet snow....lol I’ll take a dry cold all day
We get both here, sometimes cold/dry but often wet and heavy, freezing rain type crap which I hate. The western provinces have more of a dry/cold winter than we do here..

Even our summers are high in humidity.

Yep, he's been there and got that tee shirt...

I personally like the cold and snow...just as long as it isn't like what Newfoundland got that is....
I liked it as a kid I just can't stand it no more, actually been taking to the wide and kids about moving back to south Carolina where I can ride year round again and actually afford car insurance because Michigan is killing me. But I can say compared to what we got when I was a kid we don't get nowhere near the same amount of snow anymore.

I liked it as a kid I just can't stand it no more, actually been taking to the wide and kids about moving back to south Carolina where I can ride year round again and actually afford car insurance because Michigan is killing me. But I can say compared to what we got when I was a kid we don't get nowhere near the same amount of snow anymore.
Being retired makes all the difference, I'm no longer on a time crunch to clear snow and can do it at my pace and time...made a big difference...I recall the mad rush to get it done, the kids to hockey, etc, etc....

I used to dread snow falls, now I could care less..

Carolinas I bet are nice in the fall, all the colors and whatnot
It is very much so, I only left because it was hard to be there after I lost my mom and she was the only real family I had there aside from some cousins and ive just regretted leaving ever since.

Yeah, it was a nice warm day here yesterday, rode a CBR1100XX Super Blackbird that I just did fork seals on and sorted an electrical issue ( home job) to work and put a wof on it then rode it to the owners place last night and he gave me a lift home.
It was a warm 22 deg C all night, had the bedroom window open all night with a light breeze blowing the curtains around a little....
Jealous much?
Hehehe :laugh: :thumbsup:

Yeah, it was a nice warm day here yesterday, rode a CBR1100XX Super Blackbird that I just did fork seals on and sorted an electrical issue ( home job) to work and put a wof on it then rode it to the owners place last night and he gave me a lift home.
It was a warm 22 deg C all night, had the bedroom window open all night with a light breeze blowing the curtains around a little....
Jealous much?
Hehehe :laugh: :thumbsup:
Hi. It was 8 F last night, went to work a 5 am still 8F. I work out side for 5 Hrs a day. I have a camp site 1 mile in the woods by a lake I love to sleep out side, coldest I have stayed out was -14 F. In the summer I sleep out 5+ nights a week, winter 2 to 3 nights a week.

Hi. It was 8 F last night, went to work a 5 am still 8F. I work out side for 5 Hrs a day. I have a camp site 1 mile in the woods by a lake I love to sleep out side, coldest I have stayed out was -14 F. In the summer I sleep out 5+ nights a week, winter 2 to 3 nights a week.
In a tent i think -10 C my coldest, at this place

In a tent i think -10 C my coldest, at this place

The coldest in a tent was around -49'f

In this....

untitled.png

Last edited:
Back