For JetLi and YH2K

I never knew there was an official NASCAR day.

Go figure.
rock.gif

They stopped putting Ice in the sodas at Alabama games......the fellow that knew how to make it graduated!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

(nitrousjunkie @ May 18 2007,16:41) They stopped putting Ice in the sodas at Alabama games......the fellow that knew how to make it graduated!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Actually folks, down here in Bama we get used to this stuff - aubies taking old Texas / Texas A&M jokes and spinning them around and thinking that they are funny / proprietary material but it is far worse than that...

You see we have lived with these people for decades and we have always been concerned about them because Alabama (as a state and a people) is in general misunderstood on the national scene and aubies do nothing to improve our status.

They cant go beneath an overpass without spray painting a cuss word on it.

Listen to our talk radio and they dont talk about auburn, they only talk about The Tide and how they beat us. Yes, they play other teams but dont realize that they have to BEAT THEM TOO.

Raise your hand if you even know where auburn is located. Hell, they dont even know so we have collection centers to harbor them until we can figure it out and return them home.

They have one rival - lucky us....

They have no national championships - that goes back to them having to play other teams...

Honestly, we love them. We live next to them and in some cases (via lapses in the issuance of marriage licenses) we are even related to them. They have a good football team and have had outstanding players. jordan hare is a great stadium and the university is actually accredited now, the last 15 years has certainly given them some huge milestones.

I just hate that now, they drive (oh that was a fun program to roll out) and have computers and the rest of the nation gets to see all of this.

Just laugh at their jokes and clean up after them and pretty soon the clatter from them will zone out, kinda like parents ears do with the screaming of children.

And if you drive down to our great state, please realize, we are trying to clean off all of the overpasses....

I don't know about all the football stuff or the rivalries, etc going on down there... all I know is that every time I go down south, they treat me real nice and they are always friendly and outgoing - more than I can say for some northerners. I've never been to the great state of AL yet but I've been meaning to get to 'Dega for a couple of years now. I look forward to seeing the area and meeting the people - so YH2K and BaoB, I'll be looking you guys up when I make my plans for another trip south!

(LCB @ May 19 2007,08:54) I don't know about all the football stuff or the rivalries, etc going on down there...   all I know is that every time I go down south, they treat me real nice and they are always friendly and outgoing - more than I can say for some northerners.  I've never been to the great state of AL yet but I've been meaning to get to 'Dega for a couple of years now.  I look forward to seeing the area and meeting the people - so YH2K and BaoB, I'll be looking you guys up when I make my plans for another trip south!
Say when!!!

Love ta show you around!!!

(YH2K @ May 19 2007,19:52)
(LCB @ May 19 2007,08:54) I don't know about all the football stuff or the rivalries, etc going on down there...   all I know is that every time I go down south, they treat me real nice and they are always friendly and outgoing - more than I can say for some northerners.  I've never been to the great state of AL yet but I've been meaning to get to 'Dega for a couple of years now.  I look forward to seeing the area and meeting the people - so YH2K and BaoB, I'll be looking you guys up when I make my plans for another trip south!
Say when!!!

Love ta show you around!!!
They give a GREAT tour!!!

l_8da312fe480c08b03769554c5a049088.jpg

Thanks Don!

Oh, and thanks for starting this thread too!

I have a quiz for Jet Li: You know this but it is time your 'public' knows of this as well...

What do the years:
and 1992 all have in common?

Those are all the years that Alabama has won National Championships in college football.
Rather than listing screen shots of a sack, do the board a fave and list us the years that auburn has won a National Championship!

Thats right!
I forgot...

You already posted them all!
jump9.gif

None!

At auburn, they win games....

At Bama, we win Championships!

Oh wait.....

I forgot to mention something here......

What do the numbers 51 and 29 have in common?

51 = Number of College Football Bowl Apperances by the Alabama Crimson Tide!

29 = The number of College Football Bowl Victories by the Alabama Crimson Tide!

Those are college football records BTW!

Not bragging, not pasting a moment in time from a game or an old joke that you call your own and no, not even a bumper sticker or a Tshirt here.

Just real deal pieces of history.

Hang on here, the number 26 means something too!

That is the NCAA college football record for 10 win seasons.

Sorry yo!
Bama has that one too! I cant remember how many auburn has....

We have to do this on occasion....

Makes them go find more jokes....
guns.gif

aubie.... you know I love you man but prove my point here.... Go to Wikipedia (thats a website by the way)and look up auburn.
How many times do they mention Alabama in an effort to define auburn!?
They do mention yalls 'pajama party' tho and we can all appreciate the value there since yall are always wearing them when the National Championship Game is on!

Its bad dude....

I'll pipe down so yall can go print another T shirt, rip the adhesive off of another bumper sticker and scream "wah eagle, we beat Bama last year!"

We understand, thats all you got!

(YH2K @ May 20 2007,04:11) Thanks Don!

I have a quiz for Jet Li: You know this but it is time your 'public' knows of this as well...

What do the years:

Those are all the years that Alabama has won National Championships in college football.
Rather than listing screen shots of a sack, do the board a fave and list us the years that auburn has won a National Championship!

Thats right!
I forgot...

jump9.gif

None!

I never thought a funny little story would explode into a war. I've learned my lesson. You guys are way serious
beerchug.gif

Lets put this Myth of 12 to rest..............

1925 National Championship - Alabama claims they share this one with Dartmouth. Who awarded the NC? Houlgate and Helms. Houlgate started his system in 1927. So Bama won their 1925 NC using a formula that didn't exist until 1927!? Helms Athletic Foundation started in 1941. Another incredible retroactive NC.
• National Championship Category = LEGITIMATE (#1) (The above information is true, but they were 10-0)

1926 National Championship - Alabama claims they share this one with 3 other teams with equal or better records! Once again it is the Helms Athletic Foundation in 1941 that awards it!
• National Championship Category = WEAK (they finished 9-0-1: under this system, everyone has won an NC at least 10 times)

1930 National Championship - The Davis poll says that Bama tied Notre Dame for NC this year. This was the only one to award it to Bama. Notre Dame was named NC in 6 polls! Parke Davis is another retroactive system! He (an individual, not an organization) did his in 1933!
• National Championship Category = LEGITIMATE (#2) (This has about as much credibility as winning one from the Eufala Times, which Auburn did one time. Did we claim it? No. However, because I am a nice guy, I will give a team that goes 10-0 a national championship, even if everyone else picks another team... sound familiar? 2004)

1934 National Championship - Alabama says they share this with two other teams. The awarders are Dunkel, Williamson, and Football Thesaurus. Dunkel was an individual who came up with his own system. Williamson was a geologist who came up with his own system. Football Thesaurus first appeared in 1946!
• National Championship Category = LEGITIMATE (#3) (Hell, they were 10-0)

1941 National Championship - This is a complete joke. The AP ranked Alabama 20th in the nation with 14 teams with better records in the top 20. Once again it is the Football Thesaurus that retroactively awards it. Alabama finished 3rd in the SEC that year.
• National Championship Category = ABSOLUTE CRAP AND HORSE FECES (someone should be shot.. this is like Clemson claiming a National Championship.. every single year... they even lost to Vanderbilt this year).

1961 National Championship - Finally a legitimate NC. One poll didn't give it to Bama though.
• National Championship Category = LEGITIMATE (#4)

1964 National Championship - While the AP did award the NC to Bama (10-1-0), Arkansas had the better record, 11-0. Alabama played Texas in their bowl and LOST. The AP final poll was before the bowl.
• National Championship Category = WEAK ( lost their bowl game, but it was awarded by the AP.)

1965 National Championship - The AP gave this to Bama. That year there were three teams with better records than Bama. Bama 9-1-1, Michigan St 10-1-0, Arkansas 10-1-0, Nebraska 10-1-0.
• National Championship Category = LEGITIMATE (#5) (AP gives it, so it's gotta be recognized.)

1973 National Championship - AP puts Bama 4th after their bowl game loss. Bama claims a NC from the UPI poll that was taken before they met Notre Dame in the bowl game and lost. There were 3 teams with better records than Bama that year. The embarrassment of naming Alabama number one caused the UPI to name champions after bowl games.
• National Championship Category = WEAK (gotta stop saying you're better than all the other teams with better records. However, they can claim from the UPI poll.)

1978 National Championship - AP gives this to Alabama (11-1-0) even though USC (12-1-0) had the better record Guess who Alabama lost to that year? USC!!!!!!!!!. UPI gave the NC to USC.
• National Championship Category = WEAK (Yep, can't be claiming you're the NC when you lose to the team with a better record and better team in the Bowl game. Morons. Again, AP awards it, so it has to count.)

1979 National Championship - Their second legitimate NC. Their first Unanimous NC.
• National Championship Category = LEGITIMATE/UNANIMOUS (#6)

1992 National Championship - Their third legitimate NC. Their second Unanimous NC.
• National Championship Category = LEGITIMATE/UNANIMOUS (#7)

(Rayabusa0818 @ May 20 2007,04:23)
(YH2K @ May 20 2007,04:11) Thanks Don!

What do the years:

Thats right!
I forgot...

jump9.gif

None!

I never thought a funny little story would explode into a war.  I've learned my lesson.  You guys are way serious
beerchug.gif
See what you started Don
crazy.gif

tounge.gif

And then there is this, amazing how history can just be discounted.

Besides, I have just been poking fun at the fact that Alabama has not been able to beat Auburn for the past 5 years. Really no harm intended, this is what makes football so fun. So, don't get your trunk all in knot. Alabama has a long history steeped in tradition and great teams.
bowdown.gif

National champion teams

There have been a total of eight Auburn teams that have been awarded some form of "National Champions" title. The NCAA's website states that "the NCAA does not conduct a national championship in Division I-A football and is not involved in the selection process", but goes on to state that "a number of polling organizations provide a final ranking of Division I-A football teams at the end of each season". The NCAA website then lists four Auburn squads that have been named National Champions by at least one organization.[8] Here is the complete list of the Auburn teams ranked No. 1 and some of the organizations that recognized them as National Champion:[9]

* 1910 6–1 team (Loren Maxwell)
* 1913 undefeated 8–0 team (Billingsley, James Howell)
* 1914 undefeated 8–0–1 team (James Howell)
* 1957 undefeated 10–0 team (Associated Press, Billingsley, Fleming, Football Research, Helms, James Howell, Massey Ratings, National Championship Foundation, Nutshell Sports, Poling, Sagarin, Sorensen, Williamson, David Wilson)
* 1958 undefeated 9–0–1 team (Montgomery Full Season Championship)
* 1983 11–1 team (ARGH, Billingsley, DKC, Eck, FACT, Fleming, Football Research, James Howell, Massey Ratings, New York Times, Nutshell Sports, Sorensen, Sparks Achievement, David Wilson)
* 1993 undefeated 11–0 team (Harry Frye, National Championship Foundation, Nutshell Sports, Sparks Achievement, David Wilson)
* 2004 undefeated 13–0 team (Darryl W. Perry, EFI, FansPoll, GBE, Hank Trexler, M Cubed)

The AP Poll did not begin selecting a champion until 1936 nor the AFCA Coaches Poll until 1950, so many national champion titles previous to those date were awarded retroactively. However during the 1910's, it is difficult to dispute the legitimacy of the Auburn titles. The undefeated 1913 and 1914 teams coached by Mike Donahue were some of the best defenses in Auburn history. In fact, the 1914 squad allowed zero points all season, outscoring opponents 193-0. The 1983 team featuring Bo Jackson went 11–1 and finished the season by beating Michigan 9-7 in the Sugar Bowl. The undefeated 2004 squad (13–0) finished second in the AP and Coaches Top 25 polls, but the team was awarded the 2004 Fanspoll.com People's National Champion title.[10] Auburn University officially only claims the Associated Press (AP) National Championship of 1957[11] (although the school does acknowledge the 1913, 1983, 1993 and 2004 titles in their media guide).[12]

Wow, that was awesome, felt like I was reading a paste from au.com or something.

Dont stop there though!

Didnt WHEP am, The Art Bell Show, The Foley Onlooker, The Salipta Gazzette and The Demopolis Democrat not also award NCs to auburn on some 26 other occasions? I understand that NC rings were made for the players one of those years!

Now if we combine those with the other 8 someone dreamed up you guys really do rock - and define the concept of HUBRIS!

Hang on, I think Fox News just broadcasted that Geraldo Rivera is going to air, live an unveiling of the Holy Grail being found buried under the 50yd line at pat dye field...

Waw Eagle!

Here is ya'll a good example of segregation is still alive and well in Alabama!

segregation.jpg

(BusaBret @ May 20 2007,09:56) Here is ya'll a good example of segregation is still alive and well in Alabama!

segregation.jpg
Oh my heavens.... that is hillarious man!!!!!!!!!!!

(YH2K @ May 20 2007,10:20)
(BusaBret @ May 20 2007,09:56) Here is ya'll a good example of segregation is still alive and well in Alabama!

segregation.jpg
Oh my heavens.... that is hillarious man!!!!!!!!!!!
That's just wrong, they should allow all those kids to sit next to the chosen one.

segregation.jpg
OK Guys
wink.gif
, being an Alumus of this Fine School of Higher Learning ( than from any of those other Schools on the other side of the State)  Graduating the Year of :::::::: Well, it's NONE of your business ! I can't see  
SHOCKED.gif
anything wrong with the picture
laugh.gif

Back