For fellow clean freaks/detailers...

G

Ok, this one is for all you bike detailers and show bikers. I didn't just run across this stuff, I've been using it for years. This is absolutely the best auto polish/sealant I have ever used, bar none. It is Zaino Show Car Polish and you can check it out here:

www.zainobros.com

I found out about it while playing on a forum for owners of LS1 powered Camaros and Firebirds back when my toy of choice was a modded 1998 Trans Am. I've been detailing my own vehicles since I was 15 and had my first car. I've also done detailing for a living. I've tried just about everything I have ran across over the years and nothing touches Zaino in "wet look" or durability. Nothing holds up as long as this stuff, period.

I know I probably sound like I work for them or something but I don't. It's just a super good product so I highly recommend it.

Any other detail freaks? I'd imagine that most everyone here pretty much keeps their busa standing tall.
biggrin.gif

Just wanted to make a contribution to the board for a change instead of just taking from it. Since paint and detailing is "my bag", I thought this would be a good way of making myself useful. If you decide to try it just let me know. You use it a little different than traditional stuff and it can be wierd at first. I've used gallons of it at this point and have worked it down to an art. I'd be more than happy to give you some tips and pointers...

FWIW, I actually wrote the FAQ section that's now on the Zaino site and hosted it on my own site when I moderated the detailing section on the LS1 forum. I let Zaino copy it for their site when I shut down my old site.
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

One more thing. I detailed the red 1969 Camaro in the fourth row down, middle picture in the Zaino Photo Gallery. It won Best Paint at the show where this shot was taken. Nothing else even came close to the depth and shine of this car. I was very proud of this job.
biggrin.gif

The link to the photo gallery at Zaino's site:

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchan....=PHOTOS

Some of the other rides in the gallery belonged to friends from the other forum.

Yup, I have been using zaino for years on my cars, it's by far the best detailing product out there!

Once you take the time to go through the full application process, every time after that when you wash your car or your bike it looks like you just waxed it. I have never come across another polish/wax/anything that bonded to your paint like this stuff.

So if you are a detailing friek and you got the time,$$$, and patients, i highly reccomend it.

My new busa will be getting her first zaino treatment this week.

Also makes washing a LOT easier, huh? It's like grime just doesn't stick to it. Wish my non-stick pans worked as good.
pissed.gif

Yes. Any non-pourous surface. Works excellent on paint, chrome, polished metal, etc... Some flat black/matte black surfaces don't handle polish very well but any smooth, glossy paint is a prime candidate for Zaino.

I'll try anything once.........I've been using this stuff someone told me about here called the BOM....it works great as well.

It's worth your trouble to try it. I think you'll be impressed. The more you put on the slicker and deeper looking it gets, unlike other products that usually remove the first coat with the second, or just smear. Remember, the trick is getting a super thin, even coat. You don't use *NEAR* as much of this stufdf as you do other products.

Let my know if you guys get it and have problems or questions. Zaino is also great as far as customer service goes.

I'd say a minimum of ZFX and Z2. You'll also want some Z6 Gloss Enhancer Spray. All of their products are the best I've tried for their uses though. It's all in what you wanna do. I just got another order with one of everything in it.

Sorry I missed your question until now...
face7.gif

I learned about Zaino about two years ago on a Mercedes-Benz web site. I wanted something good to use on my Benz so i gave Zaino a try and i was very impressed with the shine. I just used Zaino on my 03 black/grey and the bike looks wet. I use the polish for swirl marks and fine scratches,show car polish,show car wash,leather conditioner,perfect tire gloss and the gloss enhancer spray is a must have. You use this stuff between each coat and after each wash. I am very pleased with all of the products i have used from Zaino.

Yeah, once people try the Show Car Polish they tend to end up buying most of the rest of the product line at some point. I've used everything in the line-up at some point and haven't been let down yet. Can't wait to get the time to totally detail the busa out with it.
cool.gif

I've seen this time and time again...but I really hope that I'm being to overly protective. I really hate to see anyone get hosed.

One thing I've noticed about this one guest comes in and tries to sell a product. Then its usually one or two new registered people to say "hey that product rocks" (if you didn't notice one has 1 post and the other has 7 but both started in July 2003) rarely do I see this happen with someone thats been on the site for awhile...

You guys becareful please...
rant.gif

Guys,

I read about a product a couple of years ago in Motorcyclist called "Crystal Glow" -they said that it took their long term R6 from a beater to a showroon bike in about an hour. I figured that it was worth a try, so some I bought some. The stuff is "unreal" - it is a liquid, you rub it on until it drys and then wipe it off and it leaves a "wet - showbike" finish. The best news is that for weeks after you hit the bike with a wet chamois and a dry towel and it looks like you spent hours polishing it. Ok here is the real kicker - I wa riding a Triumph ST at the time and when I stopped by my dealer he asked "What the hell did you do to your bike" and when I told him he started using it on his showroom bikes and selling it. You can find them on the internet - they are located in Canada and the stuff is the best that I have found.

Kent

I've seen this time and time again...but I really hope that I'm being to overly protective.  I really hate to see anyone get hosed.

One thing I've noticed about this one guest comes in and tries to sell a product.  Then its usually one or two new registered people to say "hey that product rocks" (if you didn't notice one has 1 post and the other has 7 but both started in July 2003) rarely do I see this happen with someone thats been on the site for awhile...

rant.gif
First of all, this "guest" was me... I had Captain change my user name from Wannabusa to BulletTrain after I bought my busa. Now, all my old posts show up as Guest Unregistered. If you doubt me then ask Captain. So, while I haven't been here all that long, the post wasn't made by an unregistered guest as it may appear here.

Second, I don't care what you use as I don't benefit or lose either way. I just thought I'd share a good polish with anyone that was interested. I got a lot of help and good advice from this site when I was shopping. Since painting and detailing is my bag I thought I'd give something back to those who helped me by sharing something they might be interested in.

Take my information for what it's worth to you...Geesh!

I've seen this time and time again...but I really hope that I'm being to overly protective.  I really hate to see anyone get hosed.

One thing I've noticed about this one guest comes in and tries to sell a product.  Then its usually one or two new registered people to say "hey that product rocks" (if you didn't notice one has 1 post and the other has 7 but both started in July 2003) rarely do I see this happen with someone thats been on the site for awhile...

rant.gif
First of all, this "guest" was me... I had Captain change my user name from Wannabusa to BulletTrain after I bought my busa. Now, all my old posts show up as Guest Unregistered. If you doubt me then ask Captain. So, while I haven't been here all that long, the post wasn't made by an unregistered guest as it may appear here.

Second, I don't care what you use as I don't benefit or lose either way. I just thought I'd share a good polish with anyone that was interested. I got a lot of help and good advice from this site when I was shopping. Since painting and detailing is my bag I thought I'd give something back to those who helped me by sharing something they might be interested in.

Take my information for what it's worth to you...Geesh!
Look dude no point in getting all hostile... pay close attention to what I wrote. I wasn't trying to offend anyone...two I didn't know it was someone thats been here for awhile. All you had to say is look I'm not traveling salesman I'm a regular here.

I just seen before where people have gotten ripped off from people going site to site selling stuff...then theres some 1 or 2 post people that come on right behind them and say hey this is REALLY great stuff send me check and money order.

BulletTrain...if you'd logged on under your login I would have never questioned it. So I'm throwin the truce I don't have beef with you what so ever. I just put this post in for people to becareful.

So are you alright now? If not...next one is on me(when I get back to the states)
beerchug.gif

Back